1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My decision for 2012 Punto Active Diesel

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by kins.kunja, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So finally I booked my BNW, Punto Active Diesel Yesterday i.e. on 11.01.2013. The story so far is long and this is how I made me decision.

This will be my 2nd back to back car in a span of 2 months and the 4th addition to my family. We own a Maruti-800, Mahindra Bolero, Hyundai Eon (My 1st purchase) and soon to come The GRANDE PUNTO Active 1.3 MJD.

I wanted a diesel car as my monthly usage will be 1300-1500 Kms and my budget was 6.5L OTR. Cars under consideration:

1. Hyundai i20 Diesel (Magna) -
    Pros - Fantastic Car, 1.4 Engine generates tremendous power. Pretty good interiors, space. First look impressive.
    Cons - Poor Mileage (Read from reviews that it shows 14-16 average, Over priced, Light steering.
    Verdict- Kept as an Option.

2. Etios Liva (Diesel) -
    Pros- Not sure about the pros really, Perhaps only thing positive was the Toyota Technology and interior space.
    Cons - Looks and feels fragile, Bad Plastics and Center Console. Over interiors spoiled my mood.
    Verdict - Rejected

3.Swift VDI -
    Pros - Not to worry about ASS, parts easily available, Peppy engine, Better or perhaps best mileage in the group.
    Cons - Back seat space almost non existent, tiring old design, Over priced, not a head turner et all.\
    Verdict -Rejected

4. Sail-UVA -
    Pros - space, Had a TD. Good from Driver`s perspective.
    Cons - Very Hard seats, Definitely Overpriced, irritating steering horn controls, less explored vehicle
    Verdict - Rejected

5. Volkswagen Polo -
    Pros - Nice interiors, nice styling, i like the sound of its horn.
    Cons - read many negatives about VW ASS, parts etc. , non availibility of Service Center in my locality,
    Verdict - Rejected

6. Fiat GRANDE PUNTO -
    Pros - The Fiat Engine, Definitely the cheapest of the lot with good features and GC, Decent Mileage, Beautiful styling, within my budget, Many positive reviews in websites and from friends who already own one.
    Cons - Uncertain of ASS due to recent tata-Fiat break down, Long Clutch Play, Average plastics, Poor Music system (But I guess nobody else offers an ICE at the price and upgrading the sound boxes will serve the purpose)
    Verdict - Definitely an option

Now I was left out with the Hyundai i20 and the Fiat GP. But due to the Price and mileage difference I tilted towards the Fiat GP.Then I learnt that after the tata-Fiat break up Fiat is not opening an exclusive showroom in my locality (Dibrugarh-Duliajan - TierII city). My heart broke and I almost thought I will wait untill April and then decide when new launches will be available. But in the meantime I was offered a 2011 March Model Punto by the Dealer. The offer was good. I thought of going for it as I was saving almost 1 Lakh and didn`t need to pay the Down Payment for loan. The thread for the same can be found here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales-query/8772-help-buying-punto-2011-model.html . But after reviews from experts of TeamFiat and my own Gut feeling I dropped the offer.

Meanwhile I started doing my homework. Spoke to all present tata-Fiat Dealers in my state. Spoke to the one and only Exclusive Fiat Dealer in my state (11 Hrs by road from where I live), spoke to Fiat personnel directly (mangesh Kodalkar) and also to the CEO of the dealer who was selling me the car. I got positive responses from everyone (except Mangesh, who says we have plans but I am waiting for my Network Team to confirm. I will revert once I get he confirmation. Which never happened) that Showroom will come in my locality but in Phase II of Fiat plans and currently Tata will keep on providing the Services. I was somehow not convinced and felt I might be cheated. So, I asked my dealer to give me an assurance letter that they will continue to provide services. I was readily given the letter signed by the CEO and said they are going to open the dealership. I was somehow convinced by her confidence And then I also read in a website ttp://www.autocarindia.com/News/328542,fiat-targets-100-dealerships-by-end-2013.aspx ... where it is said that Fiat has confirmed that Tata will keep on providing services untill Fiat completely takes over the sales and services. It was a relief, and finally Bingo..!! It is the Italian Beauty. I collected the assurance letter and paid my booking amount. Tuesday I`ll go for the Finance formalities and by all possibilities the BNW GP will me mine by Friday 18.01.2013.

Meanwhile I have also asked the Sales Exec. to give me the car in 2012 price and not revised price. He said he will make sure it happens, lets see. The last three digits of the VIN are HLZ and the ODO reading is H 95. Including all offers - In old pricing the OTR will be INR 6,05,403 and in new pricing the OTR will be INR 6,24,920.

So this is a long story told Long .. :D

Any inputs from members please. suggestions for further price negotiation, PDI etc. suggestions are welcome.
    3 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All the Best , Do the detailed PDI that's what to be said,
    And then Enjoy the Drive.....:cool:
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Congratulation about your booking. :clap

Cant wait to see the pics when you get it.

Important Points to note are:

1. Since its 2012 model, make sure PDI is done thoroughly.
    2. Warranty and offers discounts : Make sure no mix up happens in price here
    3. Take written confirmation from SA about the discounts and offers and accessories they have promised to provide.

P.S: I do not own yet, but this is what i have learnt from TFI. Thanks 2 folks ;)
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations, kins.kunja

Time to update profile from "Fiat Enthusiast" to Punto MJD Active :)

Also, please update your location in profile while you are at it :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure why you had confusion because multiple time mentioned on the forum that wherever the exclusive showroom/service centers are not coming by March 2013, existing network will continue to support the sales ans service.
    Good that dealer has given you the letter, Fiat already sent similar letter to all existing owners.
  6. Latest Link for PDI please..
  7. Getting Delivery of My Italian Beauty Today..!!
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi.. Congrats.. post pics of your BNW
  9. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Congrats ! kins.kunja
  10. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Congrats kins.. have a safe and wonderful ownership of the italian beauty.. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.