1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Cheetah, My Canary Yellow Palio 1.6 Sports

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by mchanna, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @mchanna
    Did the wind shield had any smears or something else which needed a polish? Couldnt a simple wind shield wash helped?
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    They charged 950+taxes. Comes to around 1050.

Girish, it has full of smears and scratches. I did use sonax but did not help. Night driving was becoming a pain.
    Ganges likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, windshields can become less clear over time. Good thing this polish stuff.
    prabhjot and mchanna like this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Cheetah visited Service Camp today! Happy to identify a reason for critical issue Lower link rod bush torn, resulted in tak tak sound (initially I thought I need to replace the shocks). Good Job Pandit!!

IMG_20150227_093244915_HDR.jpg

Then the famous thing happened :)
    A technician came to replace the number plate bulb, opened the door, turned the Key to MAR and THUD closed the door, within few seconds CLICK autocop auto locked the car!!

Since I had to rush to office called Rahul and explained told him what happened. Immediately he sent the crew and within 5mins all are in action. They took 20mins to unlock it. Kudos to Imbrahim Chaha, he is master in it :)

IMG_20150227_101131723_HDR.jpg IMG_20150227_103029242.jpg IMG_20150227_103039810.jpg IMG_20150227_103637521_HDR.jpg IMG_20150227_104035301.jpg

Here is the check list and issues reported.

IMG_20150227_105625666.jpg IMG_20150227_105650041.jpg

Also I requested to open a job card today to avail the service camp discounts. And Suhas Patil happily agreed! I'll be droping the Palio on monday to get the fixes done.
    They also gave me a windscreen washer for free :)

Time in : 9:30am
    Time out : 10:45am

As always PANDIT Auto did a wonderful job!
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to see that Channa.

I think you should not post pics and your experience to open the locked car by jugad on public forum.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Agree Kedar

Mods please delete the pics of unlocking the car
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Happy 8th Anniversary to CHEETAH! DSC02878.JPG
  8. Sarang6346

Sarang6346 Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Kudos to the cheetah !!
    Looking forwards to this thread for updates as I am also a proud owner of a Palio Style 1.6 and am located in Pune.
    It seems that you have pretty good experience with the Pandit Auto for you cheetah. Nice to here that. Will try them next time i am due for my Palio's service.
    mchanna likes this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Thanks sarang, I am trying my best to keep this updated.

Yes, fortunately cheetah is getting nice service there.

You can try them next time. Just make sure you approach Babar(SA) not anybody else.
    Sarang6346 likes this.
  10. Sarang6346

Sarang6346 Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Thanks for the tip Channa, It would be great if you could inbox me Babar's contact in case you have it.
    BTW.. I got my Palio serviced just a week back from Ravi Gaikwad in Pune (Most fiat guys know him). Nothing major just the regular service. Extra things carried out were Injector cleaning and throttle body cleaning. Also some RPM/engine tuning was done by Ravi. Quality of the work done was good, just that the professionalism that i expect was not there. As in, he kept the car with him for 7 days and did not complete some of the other things that i insisted him to do.
    Anyways, the car is not butter smooth after the service and i just checked the average using tank full - tank full method and it returned a unbelievable 12.2KMPL in Pune City conditions with 20% AC under sedate driving. What else you can expect from a 1.6 mill churning out 100 horses ?
    mchanna likes this.