1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My car vin number

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by arunbaboo, Dec 15, 2011.

1. arunbaboo

Guys the sales executive today 15th december gave me the VIN and it ends with GMZ is it ok friends,i have booked the 90hp on 10th november and i want quick response pls (waiting) - Arunbaboo
  2. GMZ is July Manufacture . That should be fine . Do a thorough PDI and check for any RUST / DENT etc .

3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

GMZ means it is July 2011 vehicle. It is your decision whether you want to go ahead with an old vehicle or wait for the facelifted model due to be launched on 3rd Jan and available my end January. The new model is speculated to have beige interiors, more ground clearance and better fit-finish. Going for the old model would only make sense in case you are getting huge discount
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

July is fine.But get the oil change done.It's been sitting idle for couple of months.Get the oil change done in front of u.As Cuty red suggested check the car thoroughly for rust and dents.Check all electricals and also check battery too.While delivery see that u get the following books :

1.Owners Manual.
    2.Blue n Me manual.
    3.Service Stations Location booklet.
    4.Extended warranty booklet (if only you've purchased ext warranty)
    5.Service Coupons.
    6.Battery details/warranty booklet.
  5. SpeedJet ,
    Even if he goes for a face lifted version and suppose he book in Jan , Still he will be getting the "face lifted version" that is manufactured in 2011 last quarter .Because i dont think that they are going to give anything with a Jan 2012 manufacture date in Jan 2012 . and as far as I believe if any one has to get a 2012 manufactured FIAT car , he should wait atleast till march / april .

Or AM I wrong in above assumption ?

6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Your assumption is wrong. AFAIK Fiat is pretty much aware that most of us are sensitive on the month of manufacture. Secondly, most car plants are either shut down or into maintenance mode in the last week of December. Lastly it would not take more than 2 weeks to manufacture a car. It would take atmost another 2 weeks for delivery to any dealer depending on when the dealer makes the booking.

Since this is a facelift, new models shall reach the dealer by the end of January.