1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My car vibrating

Discussion in 'Technical' started by shyjupn, Sep 9, 2013.

1. shyjupn

shyjupn Timido

Cochin
    Yes my first Diesel Car..Why?

- - - Merged Post - - -

What is the Tyre pressure i have to maintain....last time I used 33 in all tyres.

- - - Merged Post - - -

DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0003.jpg DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0013.jpg DSC_0052.jpg DSC_0054.jpg DSC_0055.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Anybody Please advice me what speed limit i have to maintain in a new car. Somebody told me not to drive the new car above 70 KMph or 60 kmph to get engine life and good mileage. Is that true.?
    Please advice

- - - Merged Post - - -

I m driving in the same road.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I m driving the diesel model. Do i really check the wheel alignment as it is a new car?
    3 people like this.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    There is no harm in driving beyond 80 or 100kmph on a new engine. Regards to the vibration, I guess it's the wheels that need to checked. Visit a good tyre shop and get it checked .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I wish I could meet that "somebody" and ask him the reason behind this stupid piece of advice.

Drive normally without abusing it. That is all you need to think about. Show it some rpm's too. Don't restrict it else it will stay restricted for the rest of it's life.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Yes sir, absolutely. Please get it checked rather than coming to a conclusion that all FIATs vibrate and are useless to drive. Does not matter if it is a new car. Alignment can go wrong anytime.

FYI, the air pressure in the Tyre rises as the temperature rises. For eg: if your Tyre is filled to 35 psi when cold, it will become 45 PSI or greater after you drive it for 30 mins and your ride becomes excessively bumpy.

Air gauges that the roadside tyre wallahs use are often un-calibrated and hence show wrong readings. I have even seen cases when the road side tyre walah fill 32 PSI as per his gauge and when i cross verified with my calibrated gauge, it was actually 51 PSI and that kind of pressure will do all kinds of wrong things to the ride quality and is extremely dangerous as it might cause Tyre bursts as well. So, please do not underestimate the tyre pressure and always fill air when the Tyres are cold (meaning have not run more than a km or 2)

Because Diesels are not as smooth as petrol in terms of refinement and NVH (Noise, vibrations, harshness). However, the multijet is quite refined when compared to some other diesels engines available in the market.
  5. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    bro you have nothing to worry..as yours is a brand new car its having warranty....tyre pressure above the recommended level can also cause vibrations..also check the wheel balancing..better to go to the fiat dealership and let them check for any other possible issues if the problem persists..
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I recount my experience in my earlier Punto, vibration at speeds of 70 kmph and post 80 kmph it vanishes and again vibrates at 140 kmph.
    Tyre air pressure, alingmnt, balancing and bent rims are probable causes.

without even seeking a solution by FASS why are you sounding frustrated ?

I drove most brands and have had bad to worse experiences in all cars, its about your will to correct those mechanical issues and be at peace ! I know BMW Mercedes etc too have some niggles as my friends used to own them in UK.

In summary, dont get frustrated, there is always multiple solution to a single problem.

As said in Harry Potter movie, help will come for those who seek it.

- - - Merged Post - - -
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Boss, you can't expect a multijet diesel engine to be smooth and refined like a petrol engine. If its a diesel, there has to be some clatter and the overall feel of the car is a bit different compared to petrol.

Its all about getting used to diesel engines. I believe since you have moved from i10 (petrol) to Punto (diesel), you feel the vibrations even after getting out of the car.

Punto isn't really that bad car that you feel you have wasted your money and regret having bought one home.

Good luck :thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  8. Honestly what I think is your car has some issues, get it rectified in your nearest FASS..
    No diesel car gives you that vibe that your body starts shaking even after getting down..this kind of shaking and knocking well only after a tractor ride you can get..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  9. jroops

jroops Timido

trichy
    Linea 2012 diesel dynamic model also encountered the same vibration problem. FASS technicians are unable to find the real reason????. Waiting for an expert opinion.