1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abk1980, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Nishant, just spoke to the Fiat Call centre. The response was "Sir, we will announce a list of new Service Centres by 31st March. As of now, the nearest centre is in Thane at Balaji Auto."

I had called up Tata Car Repair Shop before that, and they said that they have stopped servicing FIATs. So, I have to go to Balaji - there is no choice. I am not bothering with any other TASS as they might be negligent with the last few Fiats they have to service.

Khoj, I was referring to this post.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Everyone,
    I am facing a small niggle for the past month or so.
    a. When I start my car, I see an air bag failure message.
    b. The indicator which has the shape of a car with a lock often (not always) does not go away when the car starts.

I read that it can be a battery or a battery relay problem. I checked the battery relay just now and there is no "tak" sound if I remove it or put it back.
    Is this likely to be anything other than a battery problem? My car is completing 3years in April. If so, should I wait for more signs or should I change the battery immediately?

Abhishek
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I guess its time for you to change the battery, soon you will notice the car taking longer to crank and other related problems.

Please get your battery checked and replace it if required.
    1 person likes this.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    99.9% it's a dying battery. Get it checked free by Exide Batmobile service and get a new one (preferably Amaron) if needed.

In case you are amongst the 0.01% like me it can be a failed alternator! Search for my experience elsewhere on the forum!
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would suggest to remove the battery terminals once .

check the distilled water level.

Mine is Mar 2011 model,batery gone week,it takes more than three cranks now, as per Flywheel comment.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks you guyz. Im not facing any problems other than those mentioned above - the cranking is fine till now.
    But I'll get it checked with Exide in any case.
    Cheers
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Got the battery checked - confirmed that its weak and will soon need replacement. My battery chap said wait for the first crank failure. I am thinking of Bosch. Any feedback on that?
    Got the 4th service done 2 weeks back at Torrid Andheri - routine stuff that cost 10809. They were decent. The car has covered ~28000 km and the tires are slightly worn. The SA said they should last another 10k.
    And then yesterday I got the complete car detailing done from Kamyo. They come to your house and do their stuff. They were reasonably good - but not as good as some of the older reviews suggested - I had to point out stuff they had missed. But overall my 3y old shines almost like new. (Pics at the end)
    Lastly, and worryingly, I found a large round rust spot on the car body near the dickey-hood (pic 1). What should I do?

a8y2ynuh.jpg
    vyqysu4y.jpg ra9yqy4e.jpg mapybudy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anup and pabhishek like this.
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi,
    Some updates:
    1. My rust issue will be sorted out under warranty by Fiat - will give it in the week after, once all the holidays are over.
    2. The fuel gauge issue (reported earlier) is worsening. I need to have it repaired.
    3. I think the damper on the front right suspension gave way last week. So, whenever I go over a speed-breaker / gaddha, that part of the car bounces up and down.

I dont think point 3 is covered under extended warranty. The fuel gauge has to be done outside since FASS will only change the the entire fuel line including the fuel pump.
    Does anyone know a good local chap to whom I can take the car for repairs (for pts 2 and 3)? I stay in Andheri W.

Other than these, the car is on great shape.

Thanks in advance.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi,
    Been some time since my last update!

1. The car is now out of extended warranty as well. So I am on my own now.

2. Till the day before, the car was running well.

3. The day before, the Alternator failed - are the Mumbai rains to blame? So I need to wait for 4-5 days for the part to arrive. Till then the car is parked in Torrid. Ohh, and the TJet Alternator is 10k more expensive than the Fire at 17k!
    The problem started suddenly when on my daily morning commute to office, suddenly the battery lamp lit up mid-way. It stayed on but the car did not indicate any other problem. I thought it might be something caused by water shorting some wire and hoped it'll go away by evening. In the evening, while coming back, I could see the wiper and the lights and the battery failing before the car stalled within ~3 kilometers. So I had it towed to Torrid Fiat who just confirmed that it is the Alternator. My initial reaction was of disbelief. But after reading Nishant's story, I have reconciled to that fact. :(

4. And with the onset of the monsoon, the front damper has started working perfectly, just when the service center received the part at my request!

5. Got the rust thing done up (under warranty) along with the 5th service in April. The service cost me INR 15,705/-

6. Havent yet done anything on the fuel gauge as yet.

That's all for now.

Cheers!
    Calvinv and Deepak like this.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi,
    The car is available for immediate sale since I am moving abroad.
    Please ping me if you have interest.
    Regards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.