1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abk1980, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did you try running it at lower temperature settings?

Or at "LO" , i.e. the least possible temp setting.( Rotate the temperature dial anti clockwise till LO appears where temperature is shown.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    yes i did. at 23 degrees - ambient temperature was 35.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    The problem is a "O" ring. Happened with me too! Don't worry, just a 10 minutes job.
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    What is an O-Ring?
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi all,
    I have not gone on any drives since the TFI anniversary meet. Just the daily commute for me.
    1. The AC issue, as many of you informed me, did turn out to be the O-ring, or the compressor ring, as the SA referred to it. They took 4 hours, saying that they wanted to do a thorough check. It was irritating at the time, but well, better to be careful than sorry. So cant complain there.
    2. I have completed ~3000km. Average has remained ~9.6kmpl since I bought. I blame it on the traffic during the daily commute.
    3. No rattles / sounds in my car yet. touch wood.
    4. Someone broke the plastic Antenna on Sunday night / Monday morning. :irked :A
    Any idea how much does it cost?
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    My Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus - Queries regarding first service

Hi TFI,
    My car has run about 46000km till now and the first service is coming up next weekend. The booklet mentions only wheel alignment apart from other checks.
    I have some queries:
    - There are some scratches on the car, mostly made by miscreants (snaps attached below). What can be done about these? Will products like Scratch Out (rubbing compound from Formula 1) work, or will they need a complete paint job for that piece? Please help.
    - Should I change my engine oil? My usage is almost completely within the city mostly in peak traffic.
    - At times I hear a faint rattle from somewhere in front close to / below the steering. It never lasts for long. Anyone else facing this? I noticed this in the past couple of weeks only. And it does not happen everyday.
    - Someone had broken my antenna and it needs to be replaced. Will a smaller antenna (maybe like the ones seen in BMWs) do the job? I want something smaller because I use a car cover (Fiat Tyek cover) and that puts some stress on the antenna.

Thanks for the help.
    Shubho Bijoya!

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441 (800x598).jpg

IMG_0442 (800x598).jpg
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The ones who scratched your Jet need to be :punch

Oil change is never a bad idea. Only a good one. Especially when changing the "factory fill". This is a very touchy subject and the opinions are divided 50:50. So, if you wanna get the oil changed, definitely go ahead and change the oil filter as well since by now it'll be containing tiny metal fillings ( new engine losing its 'virginity' ;))

Gurjinder.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @abk1980

Buddy those scratches seem to be deep.Rubbing compound wont do wonders.You will have to get those areas painted all over again,i mean the whole boot.Color matching is again a problem.Be carefull.Whoever did that to ur car needs to be :punch

And ya go for an oil change.It will help ur engine to be new and in good condition.Old oil would contain metal slivers and stuff which which is not good for ur oil.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    who di that to the beautiful Jlo rear. painting your boot is not the first option i would suggest. no harm in trying a rubbing compound. it may work or at least make the scratches lighter. you will not get the original finish if you go for touch up. i would suggest try rubbing compound. it will really help.
  10. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    rubbing compound may reduce the scratch but still a patch remains. the patch is not visible from far but you go near it will be visible.

but i think a good detailing guy will be able to rectify it without painting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.