1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abk1980, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Tx Gurjinder & Tron.

I just finished the first month of ownership of my TJet. Overall I have enjoyed driving the car, completing about 950 odd kms, with the grin in place. Running has been niggle free (excepting the slight noise when breaking slowly), all of it withing Mumbai city with 50% use in some traffic and 40% in back-to-back traffic. Balance 10% is for the rare empty roads. Mileage has improved to about 9.5kmpl from 8 during the initial days. I am slowly reducing the aggression in my driving, that should also help this. Have not been able to take her out on a longer drive outside yet - may happen in June if I can make it to Khopoli / Khandala (looks difficult :().
    When buying the car, I had a concern that I would not have much of an idea about my corners because they are not visible and because this is a bigger car. But I found that I dont have any such problem and that I am very comfortable with the size of the car. The small superficial niggles remain though.

1. The small plastic piece on the outside of the driver's door (behind the ORVM) that was misaligned fell off leaving an open gap between the metal sheets. I hope any water that enters there would not lead to rusting. I have taken an appointment for Saturday when he would do a quick fix for this particular piece. I have been after my dealer to get all the niggles sorted out properly at one go, but he is saying that the parts (Chrome strip that was not pasted properly) have still not been delivered. On putting further pressure he has admitted that there is also some issue at his body shop which may take a week. I have lodged a complaint with Fiat today reagrding the issue.
    2. Someone from JD Power Survey called me today for my feedback. After I explained my unique buying experience, he wanted to consult with his boss after which he will call back. Now does this call mean that I would be more "equal" than other customers, as someone was suggesting in another thread? I admit I have mixed feelings about this.
    3. I guess Fiat has stopped giving those gifts to TJet buyers. None received till now.:( Should I blame the dealer from whom I had originally planned to buy?
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. I think so.
    I took my Tjet in Feb and am yet to get the wine bottle. I think it was for the first few privileged customers.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Well I got my bottle. Cheers.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    abk1980,

Once the car crosses 800 to 1000 kms, give her small bouts of high speed/ RPM. Take her out on highway where you can give her high speed doses of 100 - 120 kms & sudden braking (choose empty roads carefully for sudden braking)
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey Amit, thanks for the tip. :)
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @ VP & abk

Do not wait till 800-1000 kms.

Start those small bouts now. Be gradual while giving throttle input, do not floor it. But, show the engine some revs. And do not stay on hi revs. Let the engine feel the hi revs , then back off gradually.

These new engines are meant to be driven almost normally. Just do not rip them ( floor them) , thats all. You'll reap the benefits later.

Gurjinder
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I know where you are coming from, gurjinder. I just wanted to be a bit conservative while giving that advise to abk.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    And one more tip , if you wanna bed-in the brakes as outlined by VP.

Brake only that much hard that you don't :
    1.lock the brakes
    2.activate the ABS
    3.bring the car to a complete halt

And its generally done in two sets of 4-5 stops each time, without letting the car come to a halt in b/w the two sets.

Gurjinder.

@VP- right buddy.
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey Guys,
    Apart from the awesome TFI meet, I had a great time on the drive to Lonavala. The car bl**dy pulls like crazy! At any speed! No rattles / squeaks or pulling (left/right) - touch wood. Only a couple of Porsche's, and Andy (because I allowed him to :p) were able to keep up. And I was a bit drunk with the power on the ghats - no hiccups there. I need to keep my beast tamed there. :)
    I love this car even more. The torque is addictive, and the grin is bigger than ever. :D
    This was the first time I took the car out of Mumbai an crossed 110kmph on an extended stretch. The max speed I did was 150+ - someone said I definitely reached 160. Since I revved a lot while going, I don't expect a great average for this trip (around ~12kmpl i think). Will post accurate numbers tomorrow.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    My Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus - First Niggle

Got a major niggle today - my AC has stopped working. :sadblue

I use the AC all the time and it is usually very quiet, unless the car is hot when the blower runs at full speed and you can hear it roar. Today morning, I got the feeling that the AC was not as effective as it usually is. This might mean nothing because the outside temperature hovered between 28 & 29degrees, while the ACC was set at 28. In the evening, however, I could hear a hissing sound (for the first time) when I started the car - the same hissing sound I hear when I start the AC in the Esteem - and there was negligible cooling, if any. I confirmed that the sound is related to the AC by switching the ACC on and off. After I came back, I had a look at the engine bay. A fellow who runs a high end accessories shop also joined in to investigate and we noticed that the fan in front of the AC radiator is not running (the car was on with the AC on as well) and he said that is an issue.

Any advice on what is wrong? I initially suspected a gas leak, but am not sure anymore. Will take the car to the service station on Saturday.

Am feeling annoyed with Fiat now. Having a new customer visit the service center 3-4 times before the first service is not a big help in establishing your brand, forget removing old memories of poor service. These visits are very very irritating for most customers because it costs a lot of time which most people in cities are short on.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.