1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abk1980, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Hi everyone,
    I finally took the delivery of my Bronzo Scuro TJet Plus last Thursday (14th April) afternoon from Om Sai Auto, Kandivili. This link captures my experience till now.
    I reached Om Sai Motors at the appointed time of 3pm. There was a short delay as they were still cleaning the car. I controlled my impatience before proceeding for the PDI of my new car. :D
    When I had checked the car at the yard, I noted 5 minor issues. Of those, the torn seat cover had been replaced, and the noise while rolling down the rear window had also been fixed. Of the two chrome strips that were peeling off, one was fixed and the other one (it is a very marginal case) has not been touched. The glove-box had not been tightened, nor was the roof lining touched. We noted two additional small issues:
    1. The wide black polythene sticker on the driver's door (why do they have this?) had a small nick.
    2. A slightly misaligned plastic panel on the outside of the driver's door next to the ORVM
    I noted these in the delivery acknowledgment note, to be corrected later primarily because it was getting late in the evening. I plan to finish this off next weekend. In the meantime, I also found yesterday that my wiper fluid tank leaks - and it is extremely small, barely takes in a litre of water!
    Everything else is as promised. Driving the car is a pleasure. I have begun to come to terms with her sides and edges. Drove it early this morning on an open highway (W.E. highway in Mumbai) and it was difficult to resist the urge to rev. I am keeping the rpm below 25k, normally @ 10k-20k for the run-in. Am experiencing an engine that is not affected at all by the AC, and auto climate control for the first time. Needless to say, I am a fan of both. Have begun experimenting with B&M, and it has begun to understand names as pronounced by me. I find the ICE & speakers good for my needs. On the negative side, I have also begun to realize why the gearshift is criticized as not being up to the competition - I do not see any significant difference in the quality from my Esteem, and the stick throw should have been shorter.
    I have driven ~110kms till now, with an average efficiency of 8kmpl and speed of ~8kmph, says my trip-meter. The instantaneous consumption and trip consumption indicators seem quite useful and I am hooked onto them to help me improve my fuel efficiency. Looking forward towards the 10+ levels after the first service.
    The pics shall follow over the next couple of days.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. Hi Abhishek, Congrats.
    Please post some pictures of your beauty.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah pictures man. and why a brand new car has such a long "to do" list?? no wonder honda doing so well.
  4. congrats abk... awaiting the pics...
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats abk !.
    Regarding the gearshift, I feel the Japanese has the best gearbox in market. I still love the gearbox in old Zen, shift gear and you know its there, I like the Ritz gearshift as well.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Eagerly awaiting the pics.

P.S. I've only found the first gear a bit notchy on the MJD Linea. Recently drove the i20 CRDi and found its gearbox a joy to use. Short and precise throws. Would love to have the same feel on the Linea.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Wow Brozo Scuro T jet Linea. I want to see the car & so eagerly awaiting the pics. Congratulations for new car & welcome to Team FIAT India. Brozno Sciro Linea looks like imported car because of this color. FIAT Should launch these colors in Punto as well as premuim shades. If I want to paint my Punto with Bronzo Sciro color how much it will cost. Any IDEA guys????
  8. prakhar287

congrats..... Bronzo Scuro is a very nice colour......
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Hey abk1980..
    please upload pictures yarr,i am curious about how that color looks in flesh...
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

linealover follow the signature to picasaweb, there are few snaps on this color
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.