1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My BNW Punto 1.3 Emotion Absolute

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by dhans4all, Oct 24, 2012.

1. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Vignesh, Yeah Will do the Mods as planned :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

it has been 20 days so far and i am not able to take my car out for a highway trip.

I had been to anna nagar twice this weekend, I have taken the chennai bye pass road from tambaram and both the trips I have noticed some strange behaviour in my car. when I exceed 850 Kmph my steering started vibrate /wobble and its getting increased if I go around 100kmph.

I have tried to take pallavaram - pallikaranai road and in some stretches I am having the same issue, however I had an open stretch of 2km in medavakkam to mambakkam State highway and I dont find any issue even at 120kmph.

Initially I thought it might be a wheel balancing issue but it happens in few stretches only so what could be wrong?

from this incident i feel front left wheel is not smooth, should I try wheel balancing & alignment or is it normal for bad stretches? the car has done 930 Km and I dont find any difference in front tyre wear pattern.

can anyone suggest?
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Its been a while since I have updated this thread

I have had two long distance drives in my Punto and the first one was after marriage return to Chennai from native. Car was fully loaded with luggage and 3 on board, due to the time restrictions I have to drive 120+ most of the time and got an average of 17 kmph.

My second trip:

Route: Chennai to Komarapalayam via ulunthurpet, salem
    Day -1 Saturday:
    planned to start around 4.30 AM, as usual put the alarm in snooze twice and got up at 5 AM and started at 5.50 AM sharply.
    We were 4 on board with full luggage, there wasn’t much traffic as expected and we were crushing around 70 kmph till we reach chengalpet. Met a Foxtrot Azure Punto near goduvanchery and I was just following him. After chengalpet it was a fine drive, we were crusing behind the F A punto around 110 kmph. I had a good company from him and the drive was memorable. Finally I had to stop for our breakfast at hotel aryaas before ulunthurpet. Decided to save some fuel after breakfast and I was crushing around 100 till Salem.

After crossing Salem just met with another lady driven KA registered Tuscan Wine Punto, we just had a spirited drive after sankari toll plaza and reached my top speed of 160 kmph in this stretch.

Day: 2
    The car had done 4600+ kms and I already planned to do my first service at True Sai motors salem. Sunday our member Aravind just called me to know whether I am still on with the plan, then we decided to meet up.

Day: 3
    I promised Aravind to pick up at him home at 8.00 AM however due to some strange situation, I started only at 7.50 from my place and I managed to reach in 20 mins.

Service:
    Reached the True Sai works at 8.50 AM and we were waiting for the service advisor Sakthi Vel, he reached works at 9 am and ours was the first car to taken. Nothing much to be noted, we just informed about the wind noise coming from the mirrors.

I was told that wheel balancing is advised as car was about to complete 5000 kms and I will be charged for that. With a little hesitation I agreed (because the service advisor was confident that it won't go wrong)

After giving the car we don’t know what to do, so plan to go for a movie. Isn't a nice plan?? Going for a movie with a Team Fiat friend?? We discussed a lot about his plant visit, Fiat, college and career etc.
    Surprisingly got a call from True Sai around 12.30 that car will be ready at 2.30 PM.

Reached true Sai works around 3.00 pm and took a test drive, I was little upset as steering starts wobble at 100 kmph and informed to service advisor. He took it for another alignment and after 30 mins we went for another drive, now wobble was reduced a bit and I have decided to take the delivery as it was already late.

The overall service experience is above average. The service advisor is hesitating to let me go with steering wobble issue and want to get it corrected.

Except the wheel balancing issue I would rate 8 out of 10 for service. I have already decided to do my next service also here.

While returning home found a steering wobble at 90 kmph, the wobble starts at 90 kmph and settles at 100 and again starts again 105 to 110 kmph. I had to adjust till we reach Chennai. Thanked Aravind after dropping him in his home for giving company for a whole day, My Punto got a little gift from Aravind; yeah he gifted the cute little panda. Thank you Aravind,

Reaching home my wife was upset as I was late but later she was so happy to see a Cute panda on the parcel tray.

Day: 4

The next day, I have refilled the tank again at lorry owner's association BP bunk@ Komarapalayam. They gave a discount of 7 Rupees (total Bill Rs 1967, discount 7 Rupees) the overall mileage dropped to 16 kmpl. Decided to save some fuel but I had forgot to collect my service manual from True sai works hence I detoured from normal route and done komarapalayam- salem –karur.

Return trip started in the evening from karur and the route taken is karur-kulithalai-thuraiyur-perambalur- Chennai. Car was loaded and this time only two members onboard.

Karur to kulithalai the roads are good 4 lanes after that state highway starts till perambalur. Roads are average and ok except around 15 kms before reaching perambalur. We Had a small stop at perambalur to buy some snacks then Joined trichy-chennai highway after perambalur and done a nonstop drive.

Was crushing at 100 kmph and had a small break at A2B ulunthurpet, was upset with a tavera driver as he parked behind my car and went out. The initial meet with him was not positive but later found that he is an excellent driver. It was great to drive along with him and it was a nice drive until I was provoked by another tavera and fludic verna. Decided to teach them a lesson about what a Punto MJD can do, verna backed after 30 kms (not sure why as it can out run punto) but tavera was still trying to catch me whenever I got help up in a traffic. I was bored to have this rat race and just before reaching chengalpet decided to call it quit.

I Was able to get 18 kmpl for the return journey. Sorry for the long post….

PS: My next journey starts on Jan 12th and its gonna be 3 cars convoy till ulunthurpet or karur. The cars are Maruti ritz VDI, Fiat Punto emotion & Famour Hyundai i20 sports.
    2 people like this.
  3. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Dhans,

If you are frequent visitor to home town, could you just try the route Velur->Krishnagiri->Thoppur->Mettur->bhavani and Kumarapalayam (Though the Thoppur ->Bhavani route could be average, you could enjoy the ride till Thoppur) and share your experience.

- Karthik
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  4. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Hey Dhans,

Does your problem (steering wobble) got fixed or have you taken any steps to correct that in any of the service centers? Could you please update on that?

- Karthik
  5. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Dear Karthik

I had the same wobble issue at 80-100kmph after taking the delivery and a wheel balancing at MRF center has solved this issue. I am taking my car for a wheel balancing and alignment from the same guys this saturday. I am hoping that issue will be solved this time too.
  6. acarthik

acarthik Guest

I wish that would solve your issue.

Btw, If you are frequent visitor to your home town, just try the route Vellore-> Ksirshnagiri->Thoppur->Mettur and then your native and share your ride experience(Mileage, ride etc).

-Karthik
  7. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I hope wheel balancing will solve my issue.

Yes I am a frequest visitor to my native ( Karur ) & my In-law's place ( Komarapalayam). I reside in Mambakkam ( in vandalur -kelambakkam road) and it is very convienient for me to travel Vandalur- Viluppuram-Ulunthurpet- salem- komara palayam or ulunthurpet-perambalur-kulithalai-karur.

chennai-trichy highway is far better than vellur- krishnagiri -thoppur-mettur and its 30 kms lesser. I beleive toll also less in ulunthurpet route. I'll try this route some time later and update you the milage figures.

service update:

I have got a call from Fiat Pune for a Feedback about my servicing in True Sai motors. the call was more interactive when compared to the previous feedback calls and I have given accurate feedback. nice to see the changes in FIAT.
  8. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Its pleasure to hear the words "nice to see the changes in FIAT". I have a plan to get a GP 1.3 Emotion Mulitijet in the near future.
    1 person likes this.
  9. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    My Punto is Getting prepared for another Long drive tomorrow. unfortunately only Maruti Ritz giving company to my punto upto 2/3rd of journey. another i20 supposed to start along with us delayed their trip 9 hours late due to the leave issues at its birth place ( we know about the korean Boss right ). Will update the trip details later.

Damn its been three months and I have not done any photo shoot of my car.
    2013-01-02 07.00.21.jpg

Taken few days back on a misty morning.
    1 person likes this.
  10. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Dhans,

I think you are leaving for the pongal holidays.
    Well, have a blasting (morever a safe) ride ! hoping to get great snaps of your trip.
    1 person likes this.