1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My BNW Punto 1.3 Emotion Absolute

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by dhans4all, Oct 24, 2012.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I will have to ask about the material. I will try to get pictures of those when I visit them again in the next few days, can you let me know the material of your doorsill and pictures if possible. Have you seen the absolute floormats and how would you rate them when compared to the one supplied by default. I think I am hijacking dhans thread and would like to move this conversation here

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-...tween-oem-absolute-aftemarket.html#post136386

Please help me there

When you say the mudguard is not useful do you mean it's not doing it's job. Have you in any way compared it's effectiveness with the default mudguard, probably we should try and source aftermarket ones if both aren't good.
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    compared to the default mud guard the absolute one is less of use, the default one protects little more. I am not a big fan of Mud guard and I used my cars with out them. the quality of material they gave with absolute is good hence I am having it.
  3. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Can't we get the best of both worlds!! Form and function.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The only problem with the default one is that when you go over a reasonably high speed breaker, the front mud flaps brush against the speed breaker, making some noise. It's irritating. Except for this, the old mud flaps are pretty good and serves well.
    1 person likes this.
  5. akchandru

akchandru

Punto 1.3 Emotion Absolute - CBE

Guys, I need your help to make an important decision.

I booked Punto 1.3 Emotion Absolute last week in GEM motors Coimbatore. The car is ready for delivery and now I have a problem. The car is manufactured in May(based on the VIN number which is got from them) and it is 6 months old now :( This really makes me think about taking delivery of this car. Is it safe to buy a car that spent 6 months in Sun & Rain without any maintenance? Will there be any problem with tyres in stocked vehicles? Please help me.

BTW, this is my fist post here and the car will be my first as well :)

Thanks,
    Chandru
  6. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

gurgaon
    Please ask the dealer to arrange two-three vehicles and then you choose.. I was shown two BNW's one was April'12 and the other was August'12 make. I opted for the August make, though there was no visible difference between the two vehicles.
  7. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    hi chandru

congrats, my vehicle is also May 2012 manufactured and its absolutely perfect. when i booked it was almost 4 months old and when checked with sales guy i was told that around 180 BNW punto is available in plant. they told me to check the PDI and if i find any issues then I was told that they can arrange newly manufactured vehicle.
    I dont find any issues and just gone with this vehicle, please ask our TFI members from CBE to help you with PDI.
  8. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    MapmyIndia car pad
    when you switch it on it shows FIAT Logo while getting started, this is something FIAT has done with this device.

Used the GPS and its really worth it. The voice is clear & Touch screen works perfect. I have not explored it much but the GPS works fine. very first time I faced an issue of not showing alternative route if you deviate from current one. I have used it for very short distances ( home to office) it always shows the shortest route and the route not preferred by me. I need to find a way to infrom the deivce about my choices.

When compared to google maps I would say google maps is better as of now, in case if you deviate the route it shows, it calculates the alternate route automatically.

the settings has some options like avoid toll boths, highways, speed cameras etc. hence I need to change these settings to get correct route. from Vandalur it asked me to go navallur via tambaram & medavakkam however google maps asked me to go Via Vandalur –kalambakkam road. its just an example

Let me update after exploring the device again.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The route it shows depends on the settings you have in the device. Try changing settings such as driving distance, driving time etc. For example, if the device is set to route based on the shortest driving time, it may not necessarily show the shortest route. Also check if any avoidances is set in the device, that is, routes to avoid.

One way to make the device show the route of your choise is to set way-points. Way point is nothing but a point you touch between the starting point and the destination.
    If you are driving from point A to point C via point B, then set A and B as the starting destination points, respectively. Then search for point B and set it as way-point. That is it!
    1 person likes this.
  10. congrats once again dhans anna.Would love to see the car next week and also do some mods as planned.
    1 person likes this.