1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My BNW MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by magnan, Apr 5, 2013.

1. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Namaste to all Team FIAT members,

After using Cielo for more than 6 years, at the age of 55 years, I felt need of a new car and started my quest on internent. It was a difficult one but soon I shortlisted i20 and Punto 1.3. i20 was having bigger and smoother engine but lacked in suspension department. As I had to use car most of time for myself only, I preferred to go with Punto.
    On 30.06.2012, I stepped in Kamal Motors, Jaipur and got delivery of BNW Dynamic MJD 1.3. There happened to be some fot discussion with the salesperson, but my son calmed me down and we came home annoyed with this beauty.
    After a week, I decided to go to my home town Aburoad, 600 kms in southern Rajasthan. Road was 6-4 lane. While entering Udaipur city, I felt some smoke toward front end but ignored as temperature meter was just halfway up. 2 kms ahead I stopped the car and openned bonnet. To my surprise and dismay, it was full of white smoke. Lower side of engine compartment was wet with diesel. Fuel was leaking. Immediately, I called Kamal & Co., Jaipur and told them what had happened. They advised me to call at 1800--. Within 45 minutes a large truck arrived and Punto was taken on board on the way to local Service Station. There mechanic found out that one lock on fuel line had fallen below causing the diesel leakage. It was put on its place securely and problem was solved. I requested them for spare lock but they did not accept and I started for home worrying what if again this one or some more problem sprouts up. But nothing mentionable has happened so far. Car is very less noisy compared to other diesel cars.

Engine noise is absent even with windows open. It has been very smooth in driving. Now a days it vibrates at 1800 RPM in 3rd and 4th gears. Is it OK? Perhaps, will improve after first service.

Nothing installed extra so far. Air filter changed once and cleaned twice. Where one can find its engine oil in the market?. Please somebody tell.

That was the first and last calamity I suffered with Punto. I have driven 11500 kms till today. It returns 18-19 in city and 21-22 on highways. And yes, my Cielo (1997) is still giving me 16 km/l on highways though sparingly used.

Punto is best car manufactured with carelessness. Fiat does not take care of its customers.

Ashok Sharma

20120705_144010.jpg

20120705_143137.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Ashok Sharma,

First of all welcome to the Forum and congrats for the beautiful car you purchased. However your review left me in confusion, if this is review of appreciation or -----. Car deserve better pictures then on flat bed truck. Please share good picture and more pleasant experiences.

Best
  3. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Welcome Mr. Singh.

This was my first experience with Punto. And after shelling out 7,00,000/- if a hatchback car proves good, it should be so. Buying car is a kind of marriage. You become used to it. At that time I tried to sell it, but highest offer was around 3.5 lacs only and I was not enough annoyed to lose my hard earned 3.5 lac.

Anyway, Punto has conquered me. Because of standing alone, I had to get battery of Cielo charged twice. I want HID for my Punto and it seems difficult to get at a small place like Jaipur. Although it is capital of Rajasthan, still majority of people on road do not drive sensibly. They look eager to break rules. In Mumbai I found people with better road manners. Here in Rajasthan, literate attitude is most wanting.

4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats on having the Best Hatch, But i sorry to hear that you were left on the Road, Did'nt it display the message about the fuel leak?????..
    Anyways its a small issue and you will have more smiles with Punto for sure.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Congrts Sirji on Punto. I will suggest you to go for 100/90 bulbs with cutouts instead of HID. HID seems to be on higher side and if any wires are cut then it will hamper the warranty. Moreover it is always best to go for some good HID like Philips/Osram other than local Chinnese ones.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Check out the Philips HID P8,
    Granduer has added to his Grande and its just plug n play.
    Will be going for my Grande...
  7. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    IInd Service done at Santosh Garage (P) Ltd, Jaipur at 11995 kms. Santosh Garage (P) Ltd is exclusive FASS without enough tools. They don't have scanner and wheel alignment machine is yet to be installed.

Changed engine oil to fully synthetic Castrol Edge Titanium, 5W-40 SN. It costed me Rs.3400/- for 4 liters. API SN, ACEA A3/B4. I could not find for use in diesel engine on entire pack. Have I made right chice? After oil change, I have not felt any reduction in NVH. But, Punto is asking for gear change at shorter time than before.
    It is returning 22+ in 100% AC at 90% highway driving. It feels better than earlier when it was on Salania.

Next time, I will try Mobil Delvac 1. Or, should I stick to Castrol?