1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Blue & Me - 90 HP at Home

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Relativity, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Bhoopathi Raja

Bhoopathi Raja Timido

Coimbatore/ Pune
    Pune/Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @relativity , which brand tyre is fitted in your punto 90 hp?
  2. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Relativity, Do you feel any rattling sound in your car, I am suffered by rattle sound from right side doors(tin.... tin.... metal sheet sound) and roof mate sound in my 2012 punto :(
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai

Yup, I do have a similar sound on driver's side door. Not sure if its plastic or the glass. It goes away on high speeds or good roads though.
    And to the earlier Gentleman, I have Goodyears mate!
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Quick update : Finished a weekend trip to Pondicherry, about 350KM and the mileage for the trip is 20.0
    Total distance on the Odo is 1060 Km now :dancing
    I easily cruised over 100 and the best part is the amazing steering control. Also got a taste of ABS when I had to suddenly brake at a speed of 100 on the highway while trying to overtake. The brakes inspire confidence to drive at high speeds. The engine is noisy over 100 but I guess it's a matter of running in.

The ride quality is getting worse and I need to visit tafe and meet the revered Tensingh.
    The rattle on front right side door is really annoying and I feel there is an issue with the suspension and that's how every part of plastic and glass inside makes some noise over every small bump/bad road. At least, I hope so. I reduced the tyre pressure from 32 to 30 and that improved the ride quality on the highway but back in the city the whole car rattles from the inside again. Is this an issue with Fiat in general or just the 2012 models?
    DSC01190.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Looks absolutely smashing. I am glad you experienced ABS early. That is a must. Some people don't experience it during whole vehicle span. That's good IMO but one can't be benefited from ABS till he has experienced many times. FIAT's are in complete control with balance, steering still working & agility is live doesn't matter if you are literally standing on Brake pedal. Most fantastic aspect of these vehicles, they will absolutely be at best when you are in trouble. Obviously one should know how to get out of the trouble, none the less Most difficult vehicles to get crashed;)..!!

I hope you will differentiate between "confidence" & "adrenaline rush".
    Ride is harsh?? What's the tyre pressure you are maintaining. Do this research. Maintain both at 32 & experience the ride.
    Then deflate rear@30 & experience it again. One more combination could be front@30 & rear@32, doesn't make sense but do it:mrgreen:. Then deflate both tires@30 & make up your mind which combination is working best. I guess problem should be resolved. FIAT's ride quality is affected a lot because of tyre pressure you are maintaining. Very sensitive to the tyre pressure.

Don't worry about that noise in right door & avoid special visit to TASS for this thing alone. You can get it done@first service. What i can make out, your car is just fine:cool. Yes, NVH will drastically improve after 10000 KMs. No doubt about that. Don't be suppressed by the engine noise, it's ok. Just make your sound system two steps up & it will be fine.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its very much common...
    does punto looks good with chrome handles ? if door handles are in chrome then they should have provided the front mesh grill also of chrome,that would have been perfect match/suit.
  7. Hey Relativity, do you take the Adayar Cancer Institute - Madhyakailash - Tidel park route everyday ??? I have spotted a Blue 90 HP multiple times. Once I tried to come close to the car in My Red 90 HP but seeing my car the blue went ahead faster...
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    That's not me mate! I guess another 90 HP. I drive from Perungudi to Madhyakailash sometimes in the evening though.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

So we just live with the creaking and rattling of an old haunted house?
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

So we just live with the creaking and rattling of an old haunted house?

:irked..!!!

I think what he meant it's small khat khat sound problem with almost every FIAT. Mine too whenever leave the glass half opened, it produce that slight khat khat:mrgreen:. Such sounds will keep coming & vanishing on itself from everywhere each week. Everywhere means, from top, left, right, sideways, rear, bottom:eek:!!
    You won't hear a sound due to some mechanical imperfection of a car unless you are "the one" like NEO (Keanu Reeves) in Matrix movie:roll:!! I mean axle, suspension arms, engine set up inside mounts, very solid stuff.
    If it does then consider yourself really unlucky!!
    It's not haunted & creaking place:|!!
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    that should not be so much worry or big problem and one can live with it.
    Ofcourse coming to haunted house feeling you should worry :) when you hear the stories of roadside accidents and after 7PM one is not allowed to drive on such roads then these creaking sounds like bhooth aaaya :D

ENKI,
    Exactly me too observed the same thing !Ditto !