1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Blue & Me - 90 HP at Home

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Relativity, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Just got the car home today and here's a story of my first blue baby.

What went right:

• It's a Fiat + It's 90 horses + It's Oceanic Blue :mrgreen:
    • It took just 3 hours to get in and out of the dealership
    • The SA was very helpful (unlike the Team Leader)
    • Got a coupon for 5 liters of free diesel
    • Since I am not very confident driving in traffic, got a driver to drive me half way home and I drove from there with him. Just for 300 bucks
    • Got the beautiful chrome exhaust for 2K
    • The Blue & Me paired my phone and downloaded the address book in seconds. Brilliant stuff.
    • The USB port in the glove compartment is working fine. It is a pain to connect though. I was hoping to play music thru Bluetooth on the phone but I guess I was being greedy
    • Got a Micro Fiber cloth, A formula 1 shampoo and Formula 1 Scratch remover from GP road
    • Tipped everybody nicely, gave a box of sweets to my SA (Nothing to the team leader) :D
    • The AC with climate control is awesome. I was feeling cold in 5 minutes
    What went wrong:
    • The code card that comes with the keys is missing and I called the dealer and he said he will check on Monday
    • A hairline scratch on left rear door and 3 hairline scratches on RH rear door. I was super annoyed and they gave me a memo to get the doors painted but service centre confirmed that there will be a slight difference in shade. Other option they gave was something called Dr. Fixit scratch remover but couldn't find it anywhere on GP Road. I got Formula 1 Scratch Removing Liquid though. will give it a shot. After watching the horror unfold in the adjoining bay where a brand new black Linea had a dent on the left door, I wasn't feeling as bad about the scratches.
    • They spelt my name wrong on all documents, RC will come fter 15 days so will check and get it corrected then. This is after 2 phone calls and an email stating the correct name and address to the dealer in advance. Sigh.
    • The car hasn't been washed at all by them. The tyres have dust on them as well. I will get it washed at 3M or something. Just wanted to get out of there really.
    • The plastic on driver's side door and the steering are squeaking. I am hoping it's due to the plastic being new.
    • The RC will come after 15 days, hope it has the correct name
    • The Insurance cover note is pending and seems they cheated a little bit by quoting about 24 K worth free Insurance but the Insurance receipt says Premium paid is only 13K
    • car Cover is out of stock. I really needed this due to high quantity of dust in my area. will chase the dealer.
    • No Blue & Me sticker on the rear glass. I wanted this badly.

Here are a few pics.

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01018.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    10 people like this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can the title of the thread be changed

Can the title of the thread be changed, if so; how?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Mods - Please close this thread as it is a duplicate of another thread. Thanks.
  3. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

congrats for the 90 hp. Awesome car. Pictures please
  4. beautiful color, good wishes for blue and u
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Use Report Post and let us know what you want to do with your posts.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    look at the second picture. the car looks hot.
  7. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    congrats for your new car...it really looks awesome and with such a color you need to maintain this car well..by the way with so many issues highlighted how come your sales guy was helpful...I would have not given any gift/token unless they have delivered the car to my requirements. Please ask them to write and give you what all is not done and when they commit to do it. This will be evidence when they dont fulfill any commitments you can take it with Fiat india. and also tell them you are not happy with the sales process and it was not up to mark, will take this to Fiat India when you get a call
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Look at this piece of art!!
    You beauty:mischievous!!
    So at last, a sigh of relief.
    Scratches can't be forgiven.
    You should have asked for some waive-off.
    In the 2nd pic its no lesser graceful than the goddess with a trident... The Maserati:firey!
    You managed your photography just too good, exceeded all my expectation after that horrible pic session you had at PDI. Had it not been Punto in the Pics, one would have felt suicidal.
    You truly have brought the ocean's blue aura at home. Enjoy it bro! It's some machine!:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Yep, by the way you would start receiving calls for dealer's feedback from FIAT India in a day or two.
    Don't forget that ignorant guy & the scratches that your car has.
    Don't give more than 5 marks.
    There shouldn't be any paint difference at all. It's rubbish:A.
    They were feeling lazy or didn't have the codes for new color.
    Get it painted after escalating it.
    Congrats again.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Relativity,
    COngratsz finally home.... Nice color.....
    Happy Miles with more smiles
  10. Hey Relativity .. My hearty wishes for bringing the beauty home .. This color is awesome ..

About the car cover .. I would say you can get it .. but try not to use it because it can cause scratches .. Best would be to get jopasu duster and use that .

I dont think that the blue and me sticker iscoming now .. Even in 2011 batch of cars that was not available ..

I went to 3M yesterday for the paint sealent work and they did a wonderful job .

Ajit