1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My blog :)

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jishnu, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very clean and precise review. Congrats.

Can you explain the following statements about Linea MJD in your post : "The engine is lot more smoother as compared to the new engine. Now my car produces 112Hp and 25X Nm torque theoretically".
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good jishnu. Why don't you post review in TFI as well?
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @sungoa- I'll do that :)
    @ramjn- Sure will love to post it here :)
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Jishnu, Your automotive awareness is ahead of your age.
    But i am still confused about your Linea chipping in your ownership thread.
    Stock Linea also crosses 70 km/hr in 2nd gear so where is that chipped performance? My 90HP does that.
    Also stock Linea is pretty much capable to wrap 0-100 in under 13 secs (with right & precise gearing):p.
    Are you sure that tuning box is really making any difference here?
    I would suggest to check your Linea full blooded without a chip. I think whenever you drive aggressively, you use the tuning box. The parameters like top speed, 0-100 & max speed in gears that you are referring are pretty much achievable with stock Linea only;).
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Thank you ENKI! :)

See the car will cross 70Kmph as it the default for the Linea. See a tuning box is no mechanical component, but it is a logical component which just changes the signal to the ECU. To that, it makes the car much more fun to drive. Maybe the stock does 0-100Kmph in under 13 secs on the Speedo, but on the GPS? Have you checked that out? :) My car and your car will reach 70Kmph, but we haven't checked the timings your vehicle takes, plus Punto 90HP is lighter than mine. And the torque, is much more than the stock vehicle, but how am i supposed to show that? :)
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Jishnu, I am referring strictly to speedo. For GPS, no comments.
    Also i wonder what method does manufacturers refer to for 0-100 timings.
    Punto 90HP is lighter than Linea but surprisingly it's performance is inferior. I am pretty sure about this:A.
    May be you could help us with the available data of GPS 0-100 of chipped & non chipped/stock.
    I want to know exact improvement. Your blog is awesome & as i said earlier, you are way ahead of your age.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    i want to check 0-100 timings of my punto,please tell me the steps how to do it .? :)
    Last edited: May 10, 2012