1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Black Horse ... Punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by atrup, Feb 14, 2013.

1. atrup

atrup Amatore

Kolkata
    Any car from FIAT do not need any introduction. This Italian Giant is making cars for a long time and in India as well it has come with many vehicles in different era. It is true that because of very very bad markettiing strategy FIAT was never well known car manufacturar in INDIA. On the other had very strange part is that most of the vehicles from top brands like MARUTI, TATA etc in INDIA are driven by FIAT Engines, in disguise.

PUNTO or LINEA are leaders i believe in their segments. I will not go with so many long stories except the following gist on the black horse :p

1. 44K + since 2009
    2. 20+ Mileage in Kolkata (seems unbelievable :) )
    3. Parts are pretty much costly - Off course we are driving the best hatch
    4. Gear Box is simply awesome like butter
    5. Changed clutch plate on 40 km
    6. Ground clearence is not good enough on 2009 ver. Its pretty better on the current versions
    7. Recently changed rear tyres

Last but not the least ... best hatchback i drove till date :D:p:-D ... eagerly waiting for FIAT to come up with their showroom in Kolkata and provide a high class service with 100% customer satisfaction ...

Thanks

Arup
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi, But we certainly look forward for your introduction. :)
    Most of the parts are very competitive and cheap, compared to its competitors.
    Lucky you, here most had to change under 25-39K.
    44K and just rear tyre changed. How about front ones.

BTW, some pictures of your car will certainly make this thread more interesting.
    2 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad you got the FIAT. Bravo!

Really? Did not know. I need to read more threads about it then.

You forgot to put pics sir. :)

Happy puntoin.
  4. Another punto owner from kolkata,feels good to know..20 KMPL mileage??? How do you achieve that buddy? ? You drive only in newtown only or what??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. atrup

atrup Amatore

Kolkata
    not at all Arnab ... I live in Baranagar ... each time i pour fuel i calculate the mileage ... this time as well ... indicator ON for reserve ... i went to Indian Oil pump ... pour 35 lt of normal diesel with addition of 6 lt approx ... so total i had 41 ltrs of Normal Diesel (4 lt more i can pour) ... started driving ... now the indicator points to the third indicator ... means i still have 30 lts of fuel ... and the distance i covered is 192 km through proper kolkata covering areas like Shyambazar - Sovabazar (old home) - Chandni Chawk - Esplaned - Kidderpore - Beliaghata - Saltlake ... so all through congested areas except Saltlake :) ... so getting a mileage of 192/11 = 17.45 km / lt that too through these congested roads ... i am Happy Enough with this Monster ...

I drove it 130 kmph for few seconds in Rajarhat last month beating all the big names so easily :) ... must say the balance at that speed was awesome ... and i always appreciate those company's which invents ... not those which purchase from others and advertise like they have created their own :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

DSC08208.jpg

My Black Horse on First Long Trip to Taki :)
    12 people like this.
  6. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Hahahahaha ... sure buddy. your punto drinking less fuel than mine. I am trying to teach my punto to drink less and run fast ;):D. Nice to have you with us...
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  7. U really get awesome mileage, those figures are with ac??

You took your black horse to taki, but where are the pics buddy??
    You have maintained your car very well, one more quick question how do you keep your car scratchless on the streets of kolkata??
    We bongs are blessed with loads of weekend destinations, enough to keep us and our cars happy for sometime. .so buddy post some pics and let other tfians enjoy..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i maintained a speed of 130km for a long time while returning from silliguri. Punto was Awesome at that speed.
  9. atrup

atrup Amatore

Kolkata
    thanks Rajarshi. Want to drive your Punto after servicing, to find if they fix all the problems. Like it happened in my case :)

Ravi, Front Tyres are fine, though i will replace one of them ...

Arnab - there are scratches as it is Kolkata, but thenever i found any, i simply paint it with any black color, if not found then simply put black shoe polish :), cost cutting.

I will also upload the pics of the Taki trip very soon. Hope you all will enjoy the same :)

no Arnab, with AC i got a mileage of 14 - 15 kmpl

TFI Support - Please read http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/9288-tfi-rules.html before typing your next post.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Your Car is looking good atrup. As it is black, maintain it properly with wash & shining, Black is one of the best when looks clean & shiney.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013