1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Birthday Gift - The Linea 125s

Discussion in 'Linea' started by baz_303, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Above 120-130 kmph a Punto feels more stable than a Linea. Below that you would hardly notice. But you would definitely notice the better ride quality on Linea plus more room everywhere.

I wish FIAT did not increase the ground clearance of the T-Jet Linea to 190mm. It is simply too much!
    kgramesh and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have a view from my TDs . At speeds above 120-130 KMPH, Linea felt more stable when I sat inside as a rear co-passenger during back to back TD of linea and a punto. Is it the presence of rear anti-roll bar in a linea which is not given in a punto?!
    linea4me and kgramesh like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR: From what I know all the Fiats 2012 onwards, have the anti-roll bar installed so as to counter the increased height.
    kgramesh likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is punto evo provided with one? If I remember I couldn't find the same in any document or brochure. I can say even Avvy rides better than punto at 120-130+ speeds with still more GC. Linea just top notch. Altogether the suspension setup, GC, mechanicals are simply intriguing in a good note in all three versions.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 29, 2016 ---
    Is anti roll bar and Stabilser bars are same? I've gone through the suspension setup as per Fiat's specification for their four cars which are:
    A Linea,
    Linea Suspension.JPG

Abarth Punto
    Linea Suspension.JPG

Punto evo
    Punto Evo Suspension.JPG
    Avventura
    Avvy Susp[ension.JPG

Abarth Suspension.JPG
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The stabilizer bar is same as the anti-roll bar. It seems that the rear of Punto Evo is devoid of one, unlike its other siblings. Also, it is used to reduce the body roll at the corners or carry more speeds at corners.

Abarth Punto already rides low, still it has stabilizer bars at front and rear. This proves why it handles so well.
    KPR, prabhjot and baz_303 like this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That is something we need to figure :) It seems that it's possible though.
  8. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @baz_303. Your TD was extensive and exhaustive. But worth reading. Wish you a happy miles ahead and I am pretty sure that happy and safe miles are guaranteed with your new car.
    baz_303 likes this.