1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Birthday Gift - The Linea 125s

Discussion in 'Linea' started by baz_303, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @baz_303 : Congrats on your JET bro. I have always felt that one can extract decent FE from even a turbo charged petrol if one knows how to use the early torque spread. As per Fiat manual, there isnt anything written wrt running-in period so you can venture out to 2500-3000 RPMs in between :D Let your jet feel those 125 horses in between, so that she doesnt forget , how powerful she is :p.

Drive safe.
    baz_303 likes this.
  2. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    @baz_303, Hearty congratulations on your Linea Tjet. I am also looking to buy new Linea 125s tjet with same colour. Right now I am on very tight budget so I will have to wait for another 6-8 months. Also there is possibility of car's prices to come down if GST will come from April next year. Once again hearty congrats.
    baz_303 likes this.
  3. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Regarding fuel efficency, during my recent trip to delhi the fuel consumption for 369.2 km was 23.6 kmpl (average speed ~50 kmph) & on return trip I got 21.5 kmpl (average speed ~60 kmph) from my T Jet. The trick is to be light footed on accelerator pedal & cruise at 65 to 75 Kmph.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Max that I have managed on long run (3K+) is 14.8, while through Rajasthan. I shift between 1500-2000, till I reach 5th gear. This involved few stretches @ peak speeds of 170 for brief period (NH15) , but normally staying around 120 with no hard acceleration.

My brother has managed 18.1 while through Gujarat. He drives with focus on instantaneous consumption. He doesn't get bugged by any guy wanting to overtake, even if it is a Alto. I do, even if it is a Fortuner ;)
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ha, that is so true of the t-jet: there's SO much instantaneous torque available EVEN in high gears/low rpms, cruising. Perfect for burst-of-accelerating away from boorish and trouble-on-road-causing 'Fortuners' of the highways. I drive a lot on nh8 between delhi-gurgaon-manesar, always in the afternoons and late nights/early mornings. The t-jet's a gem that way: i always accelrate safely and very quickly/surprisingly-for-the-one tailgating, away from the peskiness.

@rusticnomad
    baz_303, Turbothinghy and rusticnomad like this.
  6. baz_303

baz_303 Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet

Whoa!! This is so much better than the 'mileage monster' Honda City. My friend's city gives a slightly lesser mileage then my Tjet - whilst being significantly lower on the plushness and thrill quotient! How about that!
  7. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Congraltulations @baz_303 .. wish you many happy miles on 125s..
  8. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @baz_303 on getting the gorgeous Italian lady. First of all I want to praise the Sales Person who gave a perfect Demo of the car , the way it should be done . Fiats are car of breed , like nothing else come close to it in same Price Bracket. Unfortunately they are too honest and clean to sell well in India :)p most of the selling cars in India can be seen a Paper package bottle, cheap and light). Hope every sales person in all Fiat showroom gives the Demo of the cars like you were presented with.

About TJet, thats a Ferrari in 10 Lakh brackets . You will be in Love Again now for sure. I am already jealous and wish my TJet+ can be upgraded with 125 horses under the hood :) Enjoy buddy. Enjoy the 1.5 and 2.5 rpm where Turbo will make you race her with devils smile. Dont worry about pulling to left. Most of the Pune roads are tilted towards left. My both Fiats behave same way on Pune road's but in Mumbai on most road they keep straight.
  9. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Took a TD of Abarth Punto today. Waiting for Linea 125 TD on Monday. The sales person had brought an mjd just to have a look at the interiors since 125 will be available only on monday for TD. My mind had already fixed on Abarth but by seeing Linea and experiencing the wonderful ride quality I'm utterly confused. More performance or more comfort ? OMG :confused:.
    prabhjot and baz_303 like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kgramesh : The main differentiator would be the 500 ltr boot. Also, keep an eye on the upcoming Urban Cross.
    kgramesh and baz_303 like this.