1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Birthday Gift - The Linea 125s

Discussion in 'Linea' started by baz_303, Aug 3, 2016.

1. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Congrats @baz_303. Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Buying a Tjet is a tough decision since with discounts, the Mjet also works out to be nearly the same. The Tjet is an amazing car and I don't see anything below the Jetta to rival it in terms of power, ride and handling . Enjoy!!
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    prabhjot and baz_303 like this.
  2. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

Congrats on your New Linea 125s.
    Please post some pics.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
    baz_303 likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Happy ending!!!

Congratulations on the coolest birthday gift. In our group we call it as life insurance

Happy tjetting And welcome to the TJet club
    baz_303, prabhjot and ssateesh like this.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    There's hardly 12k diff between the 125S and Emotion MJD.
  5. baz_303

baz_303 Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Guys, I completed 300 kms today. It has all been in the city, office commute and late night rides. Some impressions from a typical day last week:

* I get to the car in the morning, getting late for the office. Get inside and struggle to find a good seating position!

* Where are the cubby holes? Where do I place my phone, Wallet, Office ID card, watch etc.?

* The steering is tight! Especially coming from the i20;

* The clutch travel is long!!

I get to the office and get into calls and the thick of the work. It's a long stressful day - lasting well over 12 hours. I'm tired as s**t. Near midnight I return to the office parking.

My heart skips a beat looking the Linea standing in the parking. She is the stateliest of the vehicles parked in there.

* My colleagues give me an admiring glance!

* I get into the car, turn on the fab music system. The 125 has a great music system;

* The hard seat comforts me. The AC is powerful (i20 effect?);

* Pathetic Hinjewadi roads are dismissed with aplomb. The steering and suspension system so fantastic, the drive so engaging - I feel one with the vehicle...
    After having slogged for long time, despite being totally exhausted - I head home, pick up the wife and go out for a long drive!

Early days, but I'm really enjoying!

PS: biting the FE measuring bullet here, my current avg consumption is at 9.7 kms.
    linea4me, Sujit508, mchanna and 7 others like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Linea, especially tjet does this to you. I can relate with almost everything on this.

The pleasure of driving tjet after office is priceless:)
    Rama, prabhjot, Murphy_Fiat and 2 others like this.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Murphy_Fiat, baz_303 and prabhjot like this.
  8. baz_303

baz_303 Timido

Linea T-Jet
    @S A SHAH - Thank you sir. I will go through it.

I had a road trip to Jejuri yesterday. Total kms covered around 150. Part of the drive was through the city and the rest on state highways. Was an amazingly relaxing drive!
    It was during this trip that I hit double digits in terms of FE. At the end of day, I observed a whopping 14.2 km/ lit FE :D

( My driving style is sedate, and I'm not exceeding 2 rmp yet)

It appears that the motor rewards a smooth driver. At 80 kmph, the rpm is lower than 2 K, fuel efficiency is at ~ 15. This seems like a touring sweet spot.

Having returned from the drive, I felt like heading out in the night again. I have hit 500 Kms!

Alignment issue - a couple of days ago, I started getting a feeling that the car was pulling to the left. Got to the showroom to get it checked. Turned out it was doing that. They swapped the front tires, adjusted the steering. Now for the most part it is resolved. But on some roads I still feel pulling towards left, but on some others out seems to be going straight! So a bit confused. Any guidance on this will be very helpful.

I have prioritized safety over FE. I'm mentally prepared for low FE.

I got total of INR 90 K off.
    I got insurance free ( quoted ridiculously at 39K, with zero dep, the amount paid to FG is at INR 27 K. But this was free nonetheless), corp discount of INR 8K, cash discount accounting for the rest.

Got them to throw in mats, mud flaps and reversing camera for free.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

The roads are sometimes (though they're all supposed to be) heavily-'cambered' to the left. The car's strong and handling-centric front suspension and esp the hydraulic steering strength of communication will, in such cases, 'seem and feel' like it is 'pulling to the left'. This is fine, normal, good even, and no issue.

The left pulling 'issue' is different: the heavy fwd, front-heavy car losing its wheel alignment sometimes, slightly, depending on the type of roads you drive on. For eg, i too have a 2014 new Linea t-jet, bought at launch. The car has never 'lost' its alignment, largely i think since i drive sparingly only on goodish, smooth-ish roads in south-dilli-nh8-gurgaon. Neither has our 2014 Punto mjd active, nor did my dad's now-sold 2009/10 Linea 1.4 fire etc. But all 3 sometimes gave/give the
    hydraulic steering-feel/sense of sometimes 'following the road camber'.

At least that is what i've been able to figure out. It does seem some new-at-launch end-2015 facelifted Punto-s and Avventura-s may've had wheel+steering alignment/camber/calibration at bit off, hence the supposed 'issue'. THAT must i think be seperated from the 2 points above. I'd presume if there was a caliberation etc systematic 'issue' at launch for the end-2015 cars, it has long since been addressed by FIAT at the plant?

errata: end-2014 in the last line of the post.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  10. Pradeep Srinivasan

Pradeep Srinivasan Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @baz_303 for the 125s JET

Just a common question to fellow members in this FORUM!
    How do we distinguish the regular T-JET vs 125s TJET (other than the rear badging) ? Can we distinguish looking at the VIN.