1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Bella da morire GP 1.4 BNW EMOTION

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by Sandeep gopakumar, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Sandeep gopakumar

Sandeep gopakumar

It was the beginning of 2012 when i returned from Germany after a long training session on the best airplane in the world " the Boeing 747 aka Jumbo Jet".I was getting married and after which my wifey and me arrived in Delhi where I was posted. Transportation issues,safety etc set us thinking to buy a car. Finally we decided lets get ourselves a car that would be easy to maintain,fuel efficient and would not burn a crater in my pocket.The miser In me was talking:-D . We turned to our obvious choice the desi maruti. We then got hold of a used 09 maruti esteem which "appeared" to be in fine nick. So i tugged along with me a trusty mechanic who was introduced to me by a colleague to inspect the vehicle. After his so called checks of the vehicle he told me "Bhaiyya gaadi sahi hai" "ek dum top class". Payments were made and two days later the horror story started to unfold.To cut the long story short I sold the car after 3 months of pushing the car to various mechanics and spending time with them and not my wife and family.

We were again hunting for a car as it was getting painful without a vehicle in the National capital and we reached this Used car dealership in Gurgaon. Its there where I had my first glimpse of the GP. My wifey fell head over heels seeing it and firmly said it's going to be this car and nothing else especially some piddly diidly maruti no offense to any maruti owner- just our personal perspective here. She was a 2009 GP 1.4 emotion and had clocked 33500 Kms genuine mileage which was confirmed by a Tata ASS centre in Gurgaon. There was tread wear on the front right tyre ,got the alignment checked but yet to change the tyre which will be changed in due course.

The car has left us truly speechless. We just love the solid thunk when you close the doors and the stability on the highways. The F.E is a bit on the lower side but then what the heck, one has to make compromises in life. You live just once.

Ps. I am no Auto expert,I just love driving good cars and a lot of people consider i am fairly good at it too. What I ahve written here is plainly my view and certain comments about brands are not meant to offend anyone.
    Will post pics soon.

- - - Merged Post - - -

punto6.jpg punto5.jpg punto.jpg punto 4.jpg punto 2.jpg
    7 people like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fantastic to see one more 1.4 owner. Welcome to TFI and Congratulations for your mighty 1.4 beast! Happy and safe motoring :steering Do post detailed ownership review & more pics
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From the above pics. It seems that the car was maintained well. Nice pics.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, Welcome to TFI
  6. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Welcome to TFI and congrats for the 1.4 fire. You can easily come in terms with her mileage driving using MID.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Sandeep, congratulations on the buy.

Welcome to TFI
  8. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    :-Dwelcome buddy
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI,
    Its a Great Car to drive and gives you pleasure of a sedan Class.