1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Beauty...Bossa Nova white 1.3 MJD Punto Active getting better day by day

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rupin_agarwall, Sep 8, 2011.

1. rupin_agarwall

Hi Friends,
    I have been following this forum for last 6 months and it was very helpful and gave me courage to get my beauty at home....yes I am talking about my Bossa Nova White 1.3 MJD Punto Active...

My search began when I analysed my credit card bills and found that large amount of the bill was covered by the petrol expense for my Zen Estilo...
    My monthly run is about 2000 Km and which used to cost me around Rs 10000 per month...
    so I made a decision to go for a diesel car... I did not hunt for any diesel car as I always had Swift at the back of my mind...but because of below mentioned factors I was forced to look for other options:
    1: My wife do not like Swift at all..
    2: The never ending issue with Maruti cars, the mysterios noises that I can feel in evey maruti car be it Zen Estilo, swift, Wagon R, RITZ...
    3: Very rude behaviour by every Maruti dealer if I talk abount Swift Diesel car as if they are giving to for free.
    4: Irrelevent 3 months of waiting period.

For of all the other available options, I settled down for Punto because:
    1: Figo: Image of Ford for its higher maintenence cost...also the looks does not do justice to diesel engine ...it seems a child is smoking a Cigar..
    2: Polo: Nice and fresh looks but its spare parts are highly priced..
    3: Tata cars: Never in my life..totally taxi material..
    4: fabia: It appealed me but did not suit my budget..

Punto: two things that appealed me while first test drive were its gorgeous looks and very good suspensions... I did not like its pick up..it lags in the the initial gears but as soon as it is into its 3rd gear it is totally a different machine..

Finally I got the delivery of my car on 13th July...
    at the beginning I was not pleased with its performance because:
    1: very loud noise
    2: turbo lag
    3: not very goof FE: 14 KM/LT

It was also because I was comparing it with other pertol cars...

But today it is a different car altogether, it has covered 3800 Km so far in less then 2 months and all my concerns are gone:
    1: noise is lowered considerably, also its first servicing is due in next few days so I hope the noise would be still lowered.
    2:the drive has become very smooth althogh turbo lag is there but if you have proper gear selection that lag is not present...
    3: F.E: increased to a great extent, if I drive it completely in city traffic (imagine traffic in Gurgaon) it gives me 15 KM/Lt (AC on 100% of the times) and if I partially on highway and partially in CITY it gives around 17-18 Km/Lt..

Few stats about average:
    I have a tendency to full the tank, it invariable gets filled up in 40 lt of diesel and runs :
    if completely in city: 600 Km
    50 % highway and 50 % city: 700 Km
    Note: AC is always ON.

Till now no major issue with the car...all the issue that I have faced is because of horrible service from Dhingra Motors...

I am now waiting my car to be serviced (1st service) may be on this coming weekened.
    Can you suggest me what all things do I need to take care.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good to read your experience of the Punto.

These multijets love to rev. And diesels sound their best and most refined after they've been thrashed, and well. It's something i noticed on our Linea and another car we have which has a 2400cc Toyota TurboDiesel in it.

So do give it a workout once in a while. ;)

And always follow good practices of idling the engine. You can refer to my posts in the ''Start stop idling'' thread on TFI regarding this.

3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Hey! Short and nice review. I agree with that Rs 10000/- part! Petrol prices are sky high now! :(
  4. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Where are the pics bro ??
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rupin congratulations for new car & good to read your experience with FIAT GP.

Awaiting for pics buddy.
  6. rupin_agarwall

As this is the first time I am driving a diesel car car so did not know how to go about driving it...but with every mile with my Punto diesel my driving skill for a diesel machine is improving.
  7. rupin_agarwall

regarding my fuel expenses....it is now lowered to RS 5500....
    still my average running is around 2000 KM..
  8. rupin_agarwall

I do not have the PICS handy with me right now....will click some pics on this weekened and try to upload at the earliest...

Coming on to my earlier concern...as my punto has run 3600 KM and I was planning to get it serviced but after talking to the service representative he told me that you can get it serviced for free with in the interval of 4500 KM to 5500 Km for first service....so will wait for few more weeks to get it serviced...
    Please let me know what all things to keep in mind for 1st servicing...
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rupin please refer service coupen for all details. Everything is there on backside of that coupen.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the BNW Punto.

A punto ownership thread only gets better with the pics of the car. Do post them.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Punto