1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my baby ferrari- my punto sport....

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 15, 2013.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    hi guys,

well, what do i tell you guys more about the sport you already know what it is..... i dont quite have anything new for you guys.. but i can only tell the difference between both the linea and punto. my linea stands at 108k kms....my punto has done 13k from dec....

i feel the comfort is no way close to what i have in the linea.. the road grip is less comparitively, braking as well.....

although i have so many thing inferior to my linea, there is something that is more..... the power:eek::eek: oh my god... my rear view mirror is not sufficient to fit in all the cars that i overtake on the highway:evilsmile....in the second gear the power delivery is like a rocket:redcar..

apart from that i dont find much of a difference.. although i always keep the ac at full auto @ 23 deg in the linea but i have to keep it at 21 deg in the punto for the same cooling....
    4 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Kudos on Punto. However, i may be wrong but isnt the breaking, road grip etc. also depends on the body size and style and design. I dont know if dynamics can be compared between sedan and hatchback is correct.

However, you re-assured that GP is a great car. Njoy puntoing mate.
  3. At last your punto gets an ownership thread..But so short???No pics,it doesnt do justice buddy..

Btw,whats your dad's take on the punto??
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hey JK, finally you are writing about your Sport :)

You had always been telling that you like your Linea more but neverthless Punto too puts a big smile on your face.
    So, you are enjoying your rides.
    Some pics of the Sport please
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I totally agree with you. I was planning to buy 2012 Linea MJD, took mom and dad on a test drive, they all loved the vehicle but somehow one thing that always went on back of my mind was power.

I wouldn't say Linea is underpowered, but Punto 90HP felt like a breeze after driving Linea.

Considering my bare minimum highway usage and maximum of city usage, we finally zeroed down to Punto 90 HP !!

P.S I love both Linea and Grande Punto, coz I love FIAT :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Regarding the road grip and comfort.

Comfort maybe because the Punto is with the 2012 suspension which is much stiffer to counter the raised stance.

Grip maybe the tyres and again point number one. By grip are you referring to your confidence levels when cornering or braking?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

obvious isnt it with the smaller drum brakes at the rear and the smaller wheel base..... anyways it has the best in the class road grip and braking hands down...

- - - Merged Post - - -

my dads take??????

im finding it difficult to snatch it from his hand thats enough said i guess.... hes barely using his innova

- - - Merged Post - - -

definately will go for a photoshoot in a couple of days

- - - Merged Post - - -

its the confidence level while braking and cornering.....
    1 person likes this.
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    DSC_0427-001.JPG

that was in hessaragatta.... went for a shoot along with my friend there this monday..

- - - Merged Post - - -

i also had my fun time drifting in the dirt..... although my car became exotica red after that....

tfi 1.jpg

tfi2.jpg

tfi3.jpg

tfi4.jpg

tfi5.jpg
    14 people like this.