1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My astounding Pearl White 2013 Punto 90 Hp TD Experience

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by zenwalker, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear All,

First i would like to thank Vecto and Mr. Madhu (SA) for providing this opportunity for TDing the car on which i wanted to lay my hands on. Further thanks to Sat, Krishna, Ranganath for taking up the TD delays further and making it happening soon. Final thanks to TFI and members for making me aware of this beauty and its brilliant characteristic.

Note:

1. I am no Experienced/Good driver like most here. So far have TD Etios Liva, so i compare most of the experience with it.
    2. Below said experience is my personal opinion and no way influenced by any body.
    3. I may be wrong with some experience, but feel free to correct me
    4. High speed is very bad!

Story:

As already been said enough about this beast by every body here, so ill try to keep it short and crisp.

Mr. Madhu kept bugging me for past 3 days to get me into this car for a TD. Finally today it happened. He was there on time as he promised. He was very understanding, helpful, informative to me and to my father overall.

He arrived around 1030. First 15 mins briefing about the car. Felt the car in and out. Into the boot, into the engine bay. Did not feel like not too see any part of it. Then my father sat at the back while i drove the car. I took the car for spin in my area then to uttarahalli on to mysore road then to race track : The NICE ;)
    Did took the car in all worst roads, the SA was very supportive and was encouraging me to test the car for body rolls, suspensions and corner handling. Uttrahalli road had few curves and bents where i pushed hard to see how kool cornering is and how sterring is responsive. As usual, father alarms kept ringing from back but still SA let me do it and feel the beast. IMHO i am impressed. The cornering, the power, the pull, suspensions are brilliant. Love you FIAT :clap

Race time baby...Entering the NICE. Revved the engine to 130. The car rocketed like any thing. Felt the VGT kicking in. I was in full love with it, the whole race. Finally back to my place.

My father who was most of the time a passenger is really impressed about this car. I liked it but dad kept cribbing about the cost :D, while i was in full love with it and did not even bothered to hear about the pricing discussion between dad and Madhu. :-D

Noticeable Improvements in 2013 Refreshed Punto:

1. Gun metal Alloy : Not very shiny, but looks beautiful if kept clean. The TD car was not cleaned and it was dirty, hence alloy wasnt tat attractive.
    2. Pearl White : Again looks very nice but has to be kept always clean. Better than BNW? Not sure. Experts comments please?
    3. Chrome strip above glove box : No idea in what way it makes a difference. To me it was looking OK OK.
    4. Remote control for Audio system : :wow SA says not available in earlier (2012) models.
    5. Gear Ratio improvements : Did not feel any delay or slowness responsive in 1st or 2nd gear. The car did response well. Even the SA acknowledges that it has been improved.

Liked:

1. Interiors are fantastic.
    2. Seat color combo with red stitching is superb.
    3. Gear stitching is kool too.
    4. Power, performance, handling, cornering, suspensions.
    5. Gear ratios and smoothness
    6. Cheesy clutch
    7. pulls good in 2nd gear too with 3 folks inside car. Very nice.
    8. Body quality, unquestionable.
    9. Looks? : What else can i say about Bellucci? :D She is Mind blowing, jaw dropping
    10. Low engine noise
    11. At 130, noise inside cabin is very low.
    12. Powerful AC
    13. 6 speakers are worth but not that effective or powerful for metal heads like me ;)
    14. Spacious and good leg room.

Dislikes:

1. Chrome grills. I hate it. I wished for a black:(
    2. Small botol holders
    3. No AC vents inside glove box.
    4. Some what boring Audio system interface on dashboard.

Q&A/Discussions with SA:

1. Finance from FIAT
    Ans: At the moment, no official information about it. No forecast about when it will happen.

2. Offers from Vecto
    Ans. There are some schemes for 2012 models. But none for 2013 models. That's obvious!!

3. Waiting period and Stock availability with spares
    Ans: 15 days max. No Pearl white stocks with them. Vecto is making sure enough spares available using FIATs spares management system.

4. Service bays not available or waiting time is more.
    Ans: Vecto only 1 dedicated ASS now. So pressure is more on them. But they are trying the best to service customer ASAP.

5. SA is from Concorde.

6. Requested SA to be more responsive, attending to customers than customers chasing them. He agreed.

7. Vecto getting alot of calls for TD from various corners of bangalore. Very nice and they seem to be putting good effort to improve.

Final Verdict:

I am still high :roll: from the Love, Touch, Ecstasy, Thrill, etc. of this beauty. I am just drooling to make it my own :p
    Definitely going to book once SA gets back with a offer soon. Price is a bit more. On Road quoted price is 9.X L.

Hope i have not missed out anything. Thanks for reading.
    Good day,
    Zen :)
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    11 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great review zen,
    Nobody can suggest you more, as you know everything. :)

I think new color is metallic, older white was non-metallic colors.
  3. So, a Saturday TD has happened as planned. Congrats Zen,and you are one last step away :)

So, when will SA get back to you with a final offer? and/or what's the final offer you are expecting? :)

What are the finance options you are evaluating? If you are looking at Car Loans outside, SBI can be a good option.(let me know if you need help/info).

Some point for the showroom to take a notice. Enough times we have heard that TD car was not in great shape-exterior/interior. It can easily put off few prospective customers.Yes, they are subjected to a great deal of abuse by different people but they can at least clean it and maintain the looks. I hope there were no other issues with the TD Car.

Yes that's true but then it has monster humps of different shapes and sizes, too for every 500 mtrs :A

So we all here can expect a good news soon.Bring it on mate!

Is it similar to the earlier vocal white that was there on Linea and pulled off due to paint issues?
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Superb Review of Pearl White 2013 punto 90hp TD Experience Zen..Where are the pics of TD car??Post pics..we would like to see the new pearl white and gun metal finish on alloys:p..
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi. Appreciate all the knowledge, support i have gained over months from you guys. Kudos to you all.
    Yes SA says only 3 color available in 90 Hp i.e White, Black, Red. And these are premium color solely for the sports version (90 Hp).

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes hoping that last steps get done soon :)

He requested for 1 day max time.

Sure, thanks for kind help :)

SA acknowledged the cleanliness part before i said it and he apologized by giving a reason that he did not have time to clean it up.

Sure buddy :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Nadeem bhai. Sorry yaar pics did not wanted to take as it was not cleaned properly. Atleast i should have taken the interiors but felt that its already posted by many here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. sidindica

sidindica

-
    I needed to see the Remote control for the audio...how it looks like. Also, the 2013 90HP has red stitching on the steering wheel, instead of black the older one had.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hello Sid,

The SA had kept the remote at his office because it will get misplaced since its a TD car. Me too wanted to see it. :(
    Nope, there was no stitching on steering wheel at all. It was just lack and nicely carved steering wheel. Only gear knob has the stitching like the sport model had.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys, sorry i had missed this info to be added earlier.

The steering wheel is nicely carved, neatly designed in GP. I loved the grip, i love the handling i could do with it. Holding it feels like every thing is in your control. However in liva, i constantly had problems with steering wheel. Every now and then my hand was touching the honk part whenever i take turns.

However, the rear seat i felt a bit stiff and a bit hard. Not sure if its because the car was new. Please clarify :confused
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly zenwalker you got the test drive done and dusted. Its time to get the FIAT home.

True, the new pearl white is metallic and very similar to the Bossa Nova White.

Rightly said. The test drive car should be spankingly clean and everything working perfectly fine. The first impression will be the best impression. Whether abused or not, they need to be kept in top condition.

They are all around in Bangalore in varying sizes to irritate the people driving around the city.

No, this is not the Vocal white. The paint codes are different for the pearl white and the Vocal White. Hope they have tested this color under all conditions and dont end with the situation they had with Vocal white.
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes sir, eagerly waiting for the SA call about the final offer. Lets see if he comes up good ;)
  10. Zen,

Really a indepth review , hope you get your hands on 90 HP soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.