1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Abarth finally gets new shoes, big big shoes

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by theblack, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Blood red color in your alloys look eyes scorching hot....
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will you to go for black with red border, it will look decent than red.
  3. That sticker was distributed during Yelagiri TFI meet.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

as of now ur car looks stunning....

but if u want them painted.. i would go with orange and black combo............ hamannblackmiracle001.jpg 34946859-623x397.jpg image.jpg bmw-5-orange-1.jpg
    on hatchback.....
    Heroic-face-of-Chevy-Sonic-Z-Spec.jpg
    Sporty-performance-of-Chevy-Sonic-Z-Spec-viewed-from-rear-side.jpg Perfect-design-is-only-dedicated-to-Chevy-Sonic-Z-Spec.jpg
    or...black and red.............
    5841035-lg.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    IMHO, Orage goes wel with Matt Black but not with glossy black...

You cant go for other shade of red apart from the Abarth Stickers you have otherwise it will be a big mismatch.....Blood Red with Glossy black would be too loud according to me...

Go with Black on your alloys...

(1) Gloss black with Red Lip
    (2) Matt Black with Red Lip
    (3) Carbon Fiber Vinyled with Red Lip (Finishing should be Real Good)

Watttt Say? :confused:
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok so some reviews about the tyre....

I've done about 5K on these new tyres and recently did my first highway drive as well..
    One thing I"ve noticed with these tyres is that one wants PURE comfort and nothing else, no tradeoff then this is NOT the tyre to buy.
    The tyre noise till 110 is manageable but at 130/150 its slightly more than BS-B250 (stock tyres from FIAT in 2009) .

Point 2:: Unless the road is 100% smooth you can easily feel every crack and dip in the road.. Even on the GQ i started to feel how poorly the asphalt was laid :p

Point 3::
    Braking and grip
    Extremely good grip so much that all of the 350kms i drove from chennai -blr was along heavy downpour and cornering grip was spot on every time, No matter how wet the road was.
    Braking has improved a lot, a lot i mean.
    The car stops on a dime now, better than the BS i had any day..
    Cornering has become more flatter and i love it.

Summary :: Pick this tyre up if you dont care about tyre noise and all you want is loads of grip in dry and wet.
    at low speeds 40/60kmph its hard to tell the difference between C-drives and MAXXIS in terms of noise.
    Ride is going to be a stiffer for sure, be prepared..
    Small niggle :: The thread depth is nearly 8MM and at least 4-5mm wide (really thick threads) so on indian roads there almost always you will have small stones embedded into your tyre that might add to the noise.

Overall ::
    Comfort : 6/10
    Grip : 8/10
    Noise : 6/10
  8. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    i had the same tire earlier.. Its an amazing tire with great road grip both on wet and dry but the big let down with the pattern is the road noise which will only increase once the tire starts to wear. I did 25 K with those. After 22 k the noise became unbearable.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Nimish ... Now i didn't think that much into the future when i bought these tyres :(
    Anyway lets see..