1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Abarth finally gets new shoes, big big shoes

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by theblack, Sep 3, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Finally Finally Finally after 2 yrs of waiting i managed to get my sweetheart a new set of shoes...
    here are some teasers

(At Kolar CCD, on the day i got these done)

A full report with more pictures about the sale , techs and just my beauty is on it's way.. the drive to Kolar made my Black abarth turn brown so need to wash it.. will upload pics soon.
    "Special thanks to the following TFI members for helping me on Saturday with various technical queries"
    1.) Roy.J
    2.) Sat-chit-anand
    3.) Puntom
    4.) Ravi
    16 people like this.
  2. Thats awesome, waiting for detailed report!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Brilliant sham, alloy is worth the price.
    Which tyre you finally went?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. Well that was awesome looking alloy, I don't want to break ice of curiosity, will wait for you to post the details:)
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

The moment I landed there i was straight away taken to a corner where lay my 'soon to become alloys'..
    The Brand was OZ RACING. I looked at it and instantly liked it but the price was steep and decided against it (Or so i thought,then). I made a few phone calls to my better half trying to convince her about this, First time the call was cut, Second time the call was cut .
    Third time I was allowed to do "What i want".
    All the wait , all the running bettween one shop to the other and finally taken a big toll on me that i decided that I will leave with this beauty no matter what..
    So then the negotiations began...
    Here are the full specs of what

Size : 15"
    Width : 15x7
    PCD : 98 (Pure)
    Offset : 37mm

Maxxis Victra
    Profile : 205/55/R15
    Pattern : V
    Hub rings : 58.1-65mm
    DOM : April '12

Total cost
    Alloys : 43000 (for set of 4)
    Tyres : 16000 (For 4)

Total Damage : 59000 (After all discounts)

I sold my old tyres for 6000rs. (I never thought i will get such a price for my tyres, so the moment he said 6k I closed my eyes and gave it to him).

After I bought my alloys HOTTRACKS didn't have hub rings and they had to order it in their next shipment and it was to cost me 35k.( Original OZ rings)
    So i decided to pick it up elsewhere and left as is.

I was able to feel that the vibration in the steering wheel was present but nothing i could manage without for a Day.

Sunday, Woke up at 9:30 finished up everything and headed towards 'A1 Car care' near jayanagar for a round of wheel alignment and hub rings..
    (I would recommend anyone in blr wanting to pick up hub rings to visit this shop.) He has rings for almost all variants and if its not there
    he get it machined in half hr..

I went there and he tried a few sized the outer dia of the rings matched the alloys but inner was too loose. So I had an idea and removed my spare tyre (which still had rims on it). he took the closest matching rings and my tyre to the machine shop and got perfect fitting rings..
    Rings slapped on , I Vroom'd off in glory ...

I'm very happy with the choice and finally the time for alloys and tyres did come :)
    26 people like this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Nice choice of alloys and IIRC you're pursuing alloys at about 25K yesterday and here I see that you've overshot it comfortably. I can also correlate the conversation you had with your OH, Keep trying and you'll succeed one time because of the pure frustration at other end lol.

Wanted to ask a question about the shoes - Which country are these manufactured and also what are they known for - Soft plush ride or handling?
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    TheBlack, Many congrats for your Abarth's New Alloy. It's looking really sporty & Silver finish with Black Car looks pretty nice. Enjoy..
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pretty women walking down the streeettt... :dance The Black Lady ;)
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Maxxis tyres are manufactured in Taiwan and they sell all around the world..
    Maxxis is know for their hard tyres (Sidewall really tough). You can sit on it (like i did) and it will take your weight like a chair , even when you just sit on the tyre, as such.
    Some say its a bit noisy , But coming from BS i feel its much lower than what BS was giving me.
    The ride has now become butter smooth though. I mean i feel like I'm floating (if i keep betwwen 40-60kmph) I really feel that the car has become a hovercraft.

Since the pattern is 'V' , I get good wet grip as well..
    I basically wanted to try something apart from YOKO ,michellin and BS.
    I read about Maxxis reviews on TFI and TBHP and it ranked quite high.. So gave it a shot..
    Lets see how long it lasts..
  10. Hearty Congrats sham ..

Thet alooys looks hot ..

When you said big big shoes I thought that you got 17" alloys :) . Unfortunately we fiatians are not that lucky to get 17" 98 PCD alloys that easily.