1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    One more question, did you retain flash-to-pass? Punto does not have place for separate halogen for the flash-to-pass? and I think using HID for flashing oncoming traffic is not good for the HID and also it takes time to warm up so not really of use.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes redbull you are correct punto does not have a separate halogen for flash to pass. I use the HID for flashing the oncoming traffic. I am also searching for a way out to this issue. If you happen to find one kindly let me know.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgtade to philips HID with either denso or matsushita ballasts, with a warm up time of less than 3.secs they are the best option. Apart from this therr is no other way.

Waheguru Waheguru
  4. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Had been to Bangalore two weeks back on a personal visit. Had tome to check Marvin leathers for fozz model leather seats. The guy in charge was not willing to come down below 16k. I pressed hard for 13k but that guy was not willing to negotiate. I saw some where in this forum that Marvin gave a quote of 13k got a fellow member. My luck I had to come back to Chennai with out fitting the seat covers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    It was me..Yes he did agree for 13.5K...I did'nt get it done hough
  6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @puntosat: Good to hear that atleast they have given you decent discount. So what have you finalized now. How do rate the material fozz.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  7. dinesh.90hp

dinesh.90hp

Ludhiana
    Hi Harry,

What is make and size of Tyre on you Grande Punto?
  8. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sporty for the late reply. The tire make is Apollo acelere standard tire size which comes with the car

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

*Sorry for the late reply. The tire make is Apollo acelere standard tire size for top end variant (195/60 R15) which comes with the car
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys I have once again decided to put leather seats for my punto. I checked with karlssons bangalore. Sajith gave me an option of combination concept which basically will have genuine leather on the touch area and automotive leather on non touch area. This package includes genuine leather for door pads and hand brake. The cost comes to 24K. Checked with other guys also like marvin, penesse, ovion, haiton but none comes close to karlssons fit and finish. I want to close this at the earliest please give me your suggestions. Btw for complete genuine leather karlsson gives me at 30K.
    I understand at the end of the day it is my call but before that i would like to hear experts opinion.
    Will there be any heat radiations by putting leather seat for chennai hot and humid weather conditions. So pour in your suggestions guys.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No doubt that Karlsson is good. But Ovion is also good. You can select either of these. My suggestion would be to go for full leather. Anyway you are going to spend 24k and add another 6k to get full leather uphostery. This is my take though :).

This is wrong perception like people have about Fiat cars :D.

I had art leather in my previous vehicles and if parked under hot sun, the seat becomes extremely hot and takes lot of time to cool off. This is not the case with my current car where I have genuine leather seats. It doesn't become too hot.