1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes as Phew mentioned for bi-xenon projector the wiring harness needs to be H4. Most of the issues are now corrected except for the Media Player issue. The electrician seem to know about these conversion kits. We completely re-checked the wiring connections and found nothing erroneous. Posted below are some more pics taken during focus correction (Low Beam).

20120514_202653.jpg

20120514_202856.jpg
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Make sure the car is parked at a distance of 15 feet from the wall and the distance between the two cutoffs is around 3-3.5 feet for a more accurate and even light throw and spread

Waheguru Waheguru
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  3. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes Phew, the car was parked at the distance close to 15 feet from the wall and the distance between the two cutoffs was around 3.5 feet. Do you feel further focus correction is required by seeing the above pics.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The right projector needs to be rotated anticlockwise very slightly, rest everything is perfect to the T. Wonderful work done.

Waheguru Waheguru
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hello Harry,

Please provide a DIY guide for the installation. Some questions I have:
    1. How is the D2S kit different from the kit your purchased.
    2. D2S has option of 50W ballasts. Is there any technical reason (other than $$$) that you went for 35W
    3. What is the wire harness if I want for both low and high beam (bixenon ???)
    4. I am not a person to look under the hood too often? Should I look for an installer or is a DIY possible?

PS: 5. What do the adapter plates do? Included in H1 not in D2S.

Thanks,
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Difference between a H1 and D2S projector is the bulb holder and slightly different cutoff shapes. D2S has a sharper beam and a slightly even light spread whereas the h1 bulbs and ballast are cheaper and far easier to buy. Apart from that there is no difference at all.
    There is difference in size but in our punto's and linea's it doesnot pose any issues.

You need an H4/9003 wiring harness

Waheguru Waheguru
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hi phew and other lighting gurus,

I plan to order this d2s:

So I guess H1 does not need any cutting of the reflector. This is what I found in the HID planet "the diameter of the mounting shaft on the H1 is 22mm, whereas it's 32mm on the D2S model". OK, D2S should also fit the Punto reflector without any cutting, shaping ?

BTW what are "H4 adapter plates" (says included)

Shrouds - Apollo OK? will it fit in Punto? I don't need any show off thing. Pure utility.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The above order is perfect, shroud one can use is Apollo/gatling/e46r.
    There is no cutting or any other modification required for fitting either H1 or D2S.

Waheguru Waheguru
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Thanks, I'll take the plunge then. It's a real PITA with the $ at 55. But it is better than ending up dead on the highway. Those Punto headlights need change. Period.
  10. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @redbull: Needless to say more as our lighting guruji Phew has answered most of your questions. Regarding the Shrouds i went for gatling gun and bulb is 5000K. Rest of the order seems perfect.

Btw: sorry for the delay in reply as i was a bit busy at work.