1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn: I have sent you a PM just now regarding the cost details.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    And finally i have fitted HID in my punto. The complete process took close to 8 hrs and the end the final outcome has come good. A special thanks to fellow teamfiatian Manilruben sir for making this happen. We started at 6PM on Saturday the 12th Apr and then completed on the wee hrs at 4AM on sunday the 13th Apr. Manil sir was with me for the entire time giving valuable suggestions as he has already fitted in this punto 90HP. Let the pics do the rest of speaking.

IMG_0701 copy.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My medium Grey tank showing its Low Beam

IMG_0702 copy.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is really serious work there Harry. Awesome indeed. How is the output? Is it better than the stock? Are you getting any errors in the MID? Any issues faced while installing the projectors?

More pictures would be nice :D.
  5. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Feeling sleepy now as it was no sleep day yesterday. I will upload more pics tomorrow.

IMG_0710 copy.jpg
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's great. Take rest harry. Do upload more pictures when you get time. Take the picture of light output as well.

But, harry you missed to tell in your post that you have installed Morimoto projectors and not just HID :D.
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ramjin it is indeed a serious work. There was some minor issues faced like error indicator on the instrument cluster was showing when the car was driven on a rough patch. This issue was seen when i drove back today morning. I took the car out again today evening and i am not seeing the error light again. Again when the error light was ON there was no message published in the MID. One more thing is that the morimoto 9006 relay was not able to fit in the punto hence i made an alteration here and went for a Korean relay KIT (the same which manilruben also has) anyways i am trying to figure out ways to fit this guy 9006 in due course of time. Regarding the output it is really good. We feel the output is even better that Manil's car. Had an encounter with cab coming in the opposite direction today evening as he was not able to stand in front of my low beam which eventually made him to trigger his high beam for couple of time. I don't have words to express how it was but at the end i am happy.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Yes ramjin, my sleeplessness is the root cause for that. Yes, i have installed Morimoto Projectors.
  8. This is indeed a wonderful news Harry . Happy to know that you are happy with the end result . I think in another one month chennai will have the maximum number of "projected " Puntos.

Is this because of the Koreal realy kit ? How are you planning to identify this issue Harry ?

Is this a issue with 2011 model punto ? I dont remember reading about this issue in any of the thread where projector installation is discussed in this forum .Or do we need to order any other relay from the site ?

I think cab walas are the correct people with whom we can test the light output :)

Ajit
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I can understand these feelings as I am also get that devil smile when someone begs and trigger high beam in front of my cars low beam.
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Incase one is using a bi-xenon projector, the wiring harness needs to H4 in punto/linea's case.