1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    5000k may look brighter, but in reality 4300k is the one best suited for Indian Roads. The whiter light will have less penetration than the yellow lights. Its always better to have yellowish than white for practical reasons.

BTW, Sun, very surprised to see a Hyundai forum :D.
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ramjn,

You are right that 5000 k is brighter and more whitish than the 4300k but all practical purposes and out of my one experience 5000k is better even in rainy conditions and in my set up now i am going to upgrade the fog blazers to 5000k.

You will see it when your behind the wheels of my car.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's good to know Manil. I should probably join you guys when you do the installation for harry's car.

Also, how difficult/easy is to install Blazers for the fog? I may think about this as the first step towards projectors :).
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    it is not rocket science just the making of the clamps with the right allignment is very important once that is done it is a cake walk ..after all sorts of experiment i have got it so it is a day's work.

All MORIMOTO products you need to be dot on allignment else it is tough. the cost of making the clamps is Rs 2500/- per lamp
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If any one come to know why premium cars have shifted to 5000k please post it. Yellow has more wavelength and so less scattering.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one reason why the 5000k is appearing brighter because 5000k is 55w and 4300k is 35 so it is obvious that the 5000k will appear bright due to more watts. not exactly a very fair comparo :)

this is the results I got a few days back with 4300k 55w morimoto d2s bulbs and morimoto 55w ballasts

HMM...jpg

also did test the morimoto d2s 5000k 55w with morimoto 55w ballasts the same time as these and found the light to be more white and lacking in intensity as compared to the 4300k.
    2 people like this.
  7. schith

schith

Hi all, I am new to this forum, I am looking to book a 90hp Punto, but none of the dealers seem to be sure about what will be the product specification at this stage. Will the current 90 hp (delivered before the sportz version is out by June) have a higher ground clearance along with the change in air con? or will they be selling the 'old version' of the 90 hp (with 2011 specifications) till the sportz version is released?

If anybody can help that will be great... I am not keen ont he sportz version as the new version will be costlier.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Hi all, I am new to this forum, I am looking to book a 90hp Punto, but none of the dealers seem to be sure about what will be the product specification at this stage. Will the current 90 hp (delivered before the sportz version is out by June) have a higher ground clearance along with the change in air con? or will they be selling the 'old version' of the 90 hp (with 2011 specifications) till the sportz version is released?

If anybody can help that will be great... I am not keen ont he sportz version as the new version will be costlier.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The 90HP is sold in the 2012 range meaning the GC is increased alike the FGT version. However the Seat fabric remains the same as in 2011 Punto's.
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got my Morimoto HID kit. Will install the setup very soon and post the pics.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's great. How much did the Kit cost you and how much did you pay for the customs?