1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's a new one. Which thinner and what were the experiments performed.

Cheers.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thinner is a thinner. Is there any type behind it. At least I am not aware of. I have been using thinner for almost 5 years now. Only to remove the tough stains like the tar. I started doing this only after I was told by the then Hyundai SA that thinners would not harm Automotive paints in any way. Mine is the case study for this. Never had any issue with the paint so far :).
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Plenty of thinners out there. But if it serves you well, then good to hear that.

Cheers.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its D13X NC Thinner from Sheenlac. Absolutely no idea on the technicals/chemicals :). What I know is, it doesn't affect the Automotive paint. But, it removes any touchup we did using the Com-Paint.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Had the first heart break yesterday!!! My right hand side OVRM lens and inside motor cover broke when a two wheeler hit the OVRM from behind. I booked an appointment yesterday from TAFE and to my ill luck the part was not available off the shelf hence placed an order and left for my home. While coming out of TAFE i called up fellow members Teky and Ramjn who suggested me give a try at VST Motors. Lucky prevailed and the part was available with them. I got the replacement done in less than half hour. Mr Kribakaran was very helpful in getting the things done. At the end of the day dent to my pocket = RS 2083.00

Part replaced 0059064389 EXTERNAL MIRROR RH-ELECTRIC = RS1573.80
    STDCHK STANDARD CHECKS REPLACED RHS MIRROR ASSMBLY = RS250.00
    LABOUR = RS280.90

When i checked for the same part at TAFE they told me rough estimate of 2800+labour. I am surprised who there is a difference in part price across different authorized service stations.

While returning home i gave my car for 3 step paint protection (wash, Polish and wax) treatment at Privilege Moto Mall, nandanam. These guys gave me a discount of 15%.

Last week i ordered for HID+projectors from TRS, US.
    1 x Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1)
    Ballasts: Morimoto 3Five (35w)
    Projectors: RHD (UK, Australia, etc)
    CCFL Angel Eyes: Yes
    Re-sealing Glue: Yes please
    Bulbs: H1: Morimoto 3Five 5000K
    Wire Harness: Relay: 9006
    $305.00

Matt gave me a discount of $46 from the above cost and shipping charges was paid by me. USPS international shipping charges came to $51.00
    I am eagerly waiting for this product to arrive. Now my pocket is completely DENTED.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wow. It's raining projectors on TFI. Still, I haven't moved ahead :(.
    I am eagerly waiting for your setup harry.
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks ramjn!!!

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Thanks ramjn!!!
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just noticed your order. You opted for 5000 kelvin bulbs? 4300K bulbs are the best fit to drive under rainy conditions. It will have yellow tint in it. All stock projectors (Audis and BMWs) come in 4300k bulbs.
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Even i had the same confusion till the moment of ordering then I spoke to our TeamFiatian Manilruben who suggested me to go for 5000K as it is best mix combination of white + yellowish tint in it. I saw in one of a thread in hidplanet dot com that these days the newer beemer and Audis come with 5000K bulbs. Still wondering what made these manufacturer to change.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa