1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys i need some experts help here.

1. Two nuts on each of my front doors hinges have started to show some rust in them. I want to prevent further damage. What can be done?
    2. I don't have mud flaps in my vehicle hence i could able to see some black dots (I guess these are thar sediments) on the bottom of both front doors as well as the bottom of rear bumper. Btw i am currently using the Jopasu car cleaning solution (Pink color) for washing my car. I am able to remove some black dots with lot of effort but still the left overs are visible. Is there any solution to remove these substances?
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Did Chennai thirupathi this weekend took the car till 135KMPH and the car was rock solid. The way the car took the Tirumala ghats was awesome i really don't have words to express. One has to feel that!!! Nirvana Attained
    3 people like this.
  3. Harry it is not the Full nirvana. I attained Nirvana when My 90 horse Chariot saw 175 KMPH on Thambaram - Puzhal highway Stretch. That stretch has got a bridge for 1 KM, the road is flat and no bumps or whatever. I did 175 KMPH and the car was rock solid even at that speed. But the confidence gained till 150 was ramping down but still the car had some more power, the solidity and the confidence. Anyway I feel guilty for what I have done and suggest dont try that unless the road is double safe especially when U see a 2 wheeler. Happy Puntoing.

And for the Black Dots, did you find a way to remove them. My car too has got a lot of that and it is very difficult to remove.
  4. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Srida: Good to hear that you did 175KMPH but be careful during high speeds. I am yet to take my car to those speeds as its only 4K kms completed now.
    Use a thinner to remove the black dots.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Beware that if you have done Synthetic waxing, using the thinner may remove the wax as well. It won't damage the paint though.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Uh oh. The thinner might remove the black dots as well as the paint ! Not advised sir ji.

Cheers.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Gurjinder. It won't. Thinners won't remove the original Automotive paints :). I did do experiments in this area.
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Thinner will definitely effect clear coat and if used harshly effect paint underneath also. There are special Tar and Bug removal solution available in market, please use that.
  9. ABHAY_6

ABHAY_6

Pune
    Try Diesel to remove Tar Spot Thinner will be not safe for paint.
  10. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @srida: You will find Bug and Tar removal oil from Tyrestore at Greams road chennai. In my case the tar ball were removed when i left the car at Privilege Moto Mall for waxing.

Btw I have not used Thinner till now it is just a suggestion given to me by other team members.