1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even mine was having the Tak tak sound while turning full Right or Left, after checking they said that the Stud have been worn out and while turning the full weight is on the front side, hence the sound, I changed them and now relaxed, Its a smooth ride as the new Car....
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Teky:- Is it 35k kms or 2 years which ever comes early.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I remember its 45k kms or 2 years.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramesh, as per this old post which has a picture of page from ext warranty booklet it is 35000 kms. However since this is extended warranty which starts only after two years, i believe it will be valid till the end of ext warranty period if mileage is within 35k:
  5. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    An update from my side. I went to Ramkay today morning along with teamfiatian Driver did couple of back to back test drive of my car and driver's workshop manager Samuel did the drive and not convinced that my car has a stiffness in ride quality. New parts are not available to fit and check hence i would be going again this Saturday to change glow plug and swap new struts to check the ride. I hope things sorts out in the coming days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got held up with my professional work hence could not update this thread.
    After many escalations with Fiat finally all the 4 struts were replaced by Ramkay under Goodwill. I was told by Ramkay that they are changing the four struts as a part of goodwill. when asked them if Fiat extended a goodwill or is it Ramkay who has become very generous these days to change all 4 struts as a part of goodwill the answer that i got from the service manager is "Its Ramkay", I still doubt it. I was charged for the labor which was paid at the time of delivery. A payment receipt which does not mention the parts replaced was given to me by Ramkay. I am planning to shoot another mail to Fiat asking for an explanation.

Coming to the struts all 4 are now Magneti Marelli made in India i see a good difference with the ride quality but i still feel the Poland make would be of a different league all together anyways i have to settle of second best. I must mention a special thanks to fellow TeamFiatian Driver who accompanied me during multiple test drives before and after the upgrade. Thanks dude. Its nice to hear from him that his issues are now sorted out as he was sitting next to car at the workshop all two days leaving his professional commitments behind. Ramkay has become very commercialized these days their primary focus is on labor and parts replacements.

At time of changing the struts i was told by the workshop manager that the rear spring bush might need a replacement for which i told them to replace during struts change but as the parts were not available i deferred the plans to change the bush. Last week i got a call from Ramkay asking me to come over for the rear bush change. when inquired about the labor i was told Rs 1500+service charge+VAT which i felt an absolute rip off by Ramkay. As labor was already paid during struts change i told them to do the replacement without labor cost for which they started to give some new found theories which cannot be accepted.

I have now almost made up my mind towards True Sai works, Salem for regular service.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Been a while since there was an update to this thread.
    There is a new addition to my family I had booked and taken delivery of XUV 5OO W6 moon dust silver. Initial driving experience is excellent. Yet to take her to the highway waiting for the Aug 15 long weekend.
    My punto has now crossed 35k kms and going super strong. Tyres have started to wear out I hope they last for another 5k kms before I go for the change.
    1 person likes this.
  8. anmol

anmol

Mohali
    i work at fial Pune,i am happy u has asuch a good experiance i own a punto and an Enfield bullet.
    1 person likes this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome Anmol,
    So, can we expect some inside info such as avventura launch date/engine options, 1.6 mjd, etc, etc? :)