1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90HP Medium Grey Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by harry_1407, Oct 19, 2011.

1. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Some Random pics taken from my mobile are attached below.

20121230_133150.jpg

20121231_105612.jpg

20121231_153457.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Wow You have been to Kundah !!! A Very nice place. We lived there for 5 years as my Dad was working in the Kundah Power House, When I was doing my 3rd std to 7th std. Such a beautiful place. I can never forget that place. And also it would have been such a coincidence if I had not dropped my plan to visit Kundah on the new year eve. My bad. Atleast if you had mentioned about your plan in this thread earlier, I would have somehow managed to come up there and cud have had a micro TFI meet. Bad timings is all I can say.

Did you drive to Upper Bhavani ???
  3. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @srida: it was a sudden plan laid on last Friday 28th morning and I started on by evening. Scouting for accommodation was not a problem as we have my cousin house at m.pallada.
    we will have a planned meet next time at kundha.
    No I could not drive to upper bhavani this time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Update guys.

After 20k kms in this march my stock battery started to fade by showing airbag failure messages and car protection failure message I could push for another 2k kms and yesterday I had a minor starting trouble hence decided and replaced the stock battery with Amaron 55 amp battery. Got a good deal from an Amaron dealer, a friend of my father in law. Now the beast starts quicky and sound is completely different. As my other car runs with Amaron I did not have second choice selecting.

Happy with Amaron.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Battery in my car is good even after keeping the car idle for around 9 months.

You should have warranty on the battery as well. Did you check with the FASS?
  6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Updating this thread after a long time.

My car has now run 25k kms and it is due for its 3rd service before 22nd September hence called and booked the slot at Ramkay Fiat last week for today morning appointment.
    Reached Ramkay today morning at 9:10 and was greeting warmly by Mr. Mahesh the SA. He seems to be a very polite person and has the patience to listen what customer say. This service center has more bays in comparison with RDC. Visitor parking was also more than sufficient.
    I gave the list of issues from my side which Mr. Mahesh listed in the Job card.
    1. 30 K service with std changes need to be followed
    2. Change the Rear right side Power window motor which was supposed to be changed by RDC in June when i visited them for Glow plug change. Mahesh made an inquiry with the Spares section and informed me the part is available.
    3. I hear a small tuk..tuk sound from the front left suspension. I told him to check for the sturt.
    4. of-late i am getting a mileage of 10 kmpl in side city with moderately heavy foot driving condition. With out hard press i get around 13kmpl. hence told him to check that also.
    5. Wheel alignment and balancing comes with this service but i am keeping my fingers crossed as i usually get it done outside at Ramesh tyres Velachery.
    i was told the car will be ready for delivery by evening 5.
    another thing that pleased me was i got dropped at the OMR High Style junction. I need to cross the road to enter my tech park.
    I had my smile after coming to my work i hope this stays for the coming days!!
    Will post the review after i get back my car.
    1 person likes this.
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    An Update after a long time. Car has done close to 27K Kms as these days the car is shuttling inside the city. For last couple of months probably from December i feel very harsh ride from my car. The ride quality has become very stiff that i get neck pain after a couple of hours of drive. During the recent Team Fiat meet i had a chance to drive our TeamFiatian handle:- Driver's(Sai aditya) car again a 90HP and felt butter smooth over the rough patches. Immediately I checked with Ramkay Fiat and as usual the SA's are clueless about the make of the suspension. I patiently explained to them that mine is a July 2011 make and i suspect the suspension make to be endurance. After an hour i received call back from the spare in charge and was told that Endurance has been brought by Magnetti Marelli in India so these days we get only MM struts. He continued saying the struts were not available hence i requested them to place an order asap. The SA also said that due to lack to Service technicians because of Pongal vacation requested me to bring my car early next week for an inspection.
    In the mean time i had a chance to talk with Shaktivel from True Sai works, Salem he seems to be a very knowledgeable person who has the tendency to hear the customer plight and give suggestions to solve it. Going forward i don't mind travelling 360 kms one way for a service at True Sai. Way to go guys!!!
    My questions here is
    1. Is the suspension quality so bad that within 27K Kms it has been worn out?
    2. SA says this cannot be covered under warranty but i remember seeing in ext warranty manual that suspension parts are covered. I have already sent a mail to Magesh his service team at FIAPL waiting for their reply.
    3. Is there any way to check the existing strut without folk lifting and removing the Tyre.
    Expert can you guys tell me more.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Did the service centre folks inspect your car and did they confirm that the struts are worn out?
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No Ramesh they are yet to inspect the car as i was told by the SA that the Service technicians are on leave and will be back next week
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    No - Mine's still on stock struts at 67k.

This can be covered under warranty till 35K KM's.

This is a crude way but put both your hands in the bonnet area around the suspension and press the car down hard. Observe the way it returns back which can tell if the suspension has gone bad/hard.