1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90 hp punto - Its BNW!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj_90hp, Jan 16, 2011.

1. i guess a white car needs a black roof and also the grills in black.then only it gives a sporty look.silver grills are classy in character ,so they dont go with sporty looks.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    The black top looks great on the car. Is it vinyl or paint?
  3. vishwas

vishwas

Pune
    The car looks killer and you have just made the right amount of mods to make it unique yet maintain its originality. Can you mention where have you sourced the alloys from? They look HOT! I am planning to get similar ones for my black beauty
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    I dont want my car to be too sporty or in-your-face kind of a styling, I like a little subtlety & that is the reason I have left the grill that way.

It is automotive grade vinyl.

Thanks. Alloys are sourced from Mulund, Mumbai. You can visit alloywheelsindia.com for cool 98 PCD alloys.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Will pasting the car with vinyl spoil the paint. Can i remove it if I need to revert to the original color without damaging the paint?
  6. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    yes, you can safely remove it without damage if you opt for automotive grade good quality vinyl. if you opt for cheaper vinyl, it will leave the gum residue if you remove it.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  7. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Pintu's second free service:

I must say, I had a very pleasant experience with the TATA-FIAT ASC, Fortune cars, Andheri. I called them yesterday to take a service appointment for today. Yesterday evening I got a confirmation call & then a confirmation sms stating my job card number!

Gave my Pintu for its scheduled second free service today. Had an appointement of 9:30 am, reached the A.S.S. at 9:35 am. Car was parked inside, waited for 10 mins & met the service advisor - a very warm, helpful & well mannered gentleman - Mr. Akshay.

Apart from the second service, I had a few rattles in my car, bonnet lock was getting stuck if I pull the release lever too hard & I wanted to get the suspension checked for any unusual noises.

By about 5 pm, I got a call from the SA that my car is ready & the interior is being vacuumed. Simultaneously, I also got a computer generated sms from Fortune saying that my car's service is done & is ready for delivery. The SA once again messaged me that the car is ready.

When I reached the ASC, as expected, the car was standing near the entrance. Everything was in order. Just that there were some dirt marks on the doors. To solve the rattling, they used padding between the door panels & changed the door clips.

As I drove off, I was under the impression that with the new oil, air filter, etc., the engine will feel more responsive. I did not feel any huge difference as such. I must admit that I was driving in traffic at speeds no more than 30 kmph. This sunday, I am driving to Igatpuri & maybe then on the highways, I would notice some difference. I also noticed some slight (very feeble) rattling still present, but again, I admit that I was driving without music.

Details of service as follows:

1) Engine oil - 4 Lit. - Rs. 2065
    2) Oil filter - Rs. 354
    3) Fuel filter - Rs. 1776
    4) Air filter - Rs. 293
    5) AC filter - Rs. 47
    6) Adhesive weight strip - Rs. 238
    7) Door pad clip - Rs. 24
    8) Wheel balancing - Rs. 400

Total - Rs. 5941/-
  8. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    UPDATE: Really happy with FIAT!

My Punto had a rear wheel bearing issue as mentioned in detail over here.

After shooting off mails to Mr. Mangesh, the parts arrived in just two days, that is, on Monday. Both the service advisor & the spares manager from Fortune Cars accommodated my car the next day itself.

I promptly gave my car to the A.S.S. & I was returned the car the same day itself after replacing the wheel bearings & testing. They drove my car for about 11 kms.

NOT JUST THAT, they even did two free upgrades on my car. The rear dead axle was upgraded (reference pic attached) & the power steering pipe was upgraded. Also the AC pipe was found to be loose, so even that was rectified & the AC refrigerant was refilled.

Total cost : Rs. 0/- (everything taken care by warranty)

Total experience was really impressive. Reasons -

1) I have not seen the higher ups in any car manufacturer to be so approachable & so helpful.

2) I have also not seen an A.S.S. who is proactively upgrading the cars free of cost unless there are serious issues reported, except in case of XUV5OO recently.

Overall I am happy now (after a bit of frustration) & my faith in FIAT is restored.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    4 people like this.
  9. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Just now noticed that the rear left door of my Punto does not lock/unlock while remote/central locking my car.

FIAT !!!