1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 90 hp punto - Its BNW!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj_90hp, Jan 16, 2011.

1. raj_90hp

Hey guys, I have booked a BNW punto 90 hp on 11/1/11 from Wasan motors, mumbai. Delivery has been promised by the end of this month.

After some haggling, on-road price as agreed was 7.75 lakhs. No free accessories except floor mats. Paid accessories I opted for are scuff/sill plates (Rs. 350) & reverse sensor (Rs. 5000).

Car selection:

In this budget, the only cars i considered were the punto & i20. Polo was rejected as it was too basic. I never liked the looks of the Fabia. Moreover, looks was first priority & the punto looks fab! test drove the punto 90 hp & was disappointed by the engine performance, especially after driving the scorpio. but the TD car was just 2200 kms old. I have read that the performance improves after 3k kms, though i dont expect scorpio like performance.

but i was very very impressed by the solid build, the thud from the doors, the styling & the ride quality. coming from a scorpio, i dislike light weight tinny cars...

Coming to the i20, first reason for rejecting it was the price. it felt too basic for the price. but it had much better interiors & was more spacious too. fit & finish was way better too. then the assurance of hyundai's A.S.S. & reliability.

After a lot of R&D, I finally chose to listen to my heart & zeroed in on the punto... YES, THE PUNTO IS A HEART BUY... :cool:
  2. mayur

Thane, Mumbai
    Congrats!!! I got my GP yesterday.btw the dealer at least mine didnt give me Fiat floor mats & said they are not available when I asked him.So ask him again about the Floor mats because the one which I got are not Fiat Floormat.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Raj. ::T Punto is equally spacious as i20 but i20 has higher set seats at the back that gives an impression of more space. Also the seats are hard so they feel good to sit on them but a bit too hard for long drives. (Just my personal opinion). Cabin finish is top quality though.

Coming back to Punto, you will realize the true power of your 90Hp after getting used to it and after completing a few Ks on the ODO. Its mid range is excellent and much better than other cars except Swift.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Congrats Raj... Punto is always Heart's Buy... Drive Safely and enjoy your ride. :drinks
  5. raj_90hp

Thanks a lot friends. I am eagerly waiting for the PDI!
  6. raj_90hp

Called my dealer today morning to inform him that I am coming for the PDI. He informs me that the car has yet not arrived. I go .

Surprisingly the dealer calls me in the evening to tell me that my "darling" in unloaded & I can have a look at her. The dealer's stockyard is just half an hour drive from the place I am in, but that half hour seems forever!

Finally, I reached the dealer's stockyard. The stockyard is filled with TATAs, Toyotas & Fords. Wasan also deals in these brands. but no Fiats! Where is my "PINTU"? (Howz that name?)

I walk towards the office & my eyes desperately searching my Pintu. I see no Punto in the yard. I see a white Aria & manza standing in the yard but I see something peeping from between these tatas. As soon as I cross these cars, I see a white punto with her gleaming eyes in the sunset, smirking at me... I am not sure whether it's my car. I ask a staff for my car & he says that this is indeed my car... my Pintu! She was just given a bath & was all clean & sparkling.

A thorough PDI was done on my beloved. Everything seemed fine except a panel gap in the dash below the right AC vent. that can be excused since its a FIAT. YES, ITS A JAN 2011 MAKE!

All happy & excited, I wish her goodbye (only for some more days) & leave for home. Tomorrow, I will be making the balance payment. Delivery of my Pintu will be on 03/02/11.
  7. Congrats Raj.
    Few days of sleepless nights to follow.

('Pintu' sounds sweet)
  8. raj_90hp

Thanks a lot buddy...
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

I know this, saw this. I also did my Linea's PDI in Mar'09 at that stockyard. Much farther from where I stay but I just wanted to do it.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Raj the few days are the most toufghest days to pass, the more you see punto on road the more you will tempt for your pintu