1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY 2nd PUNTOUR TO THE HIMALAYA & DOOARS.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sandipan_r15, May 19, 2013.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Excellent photographs, sandipan_r15. It is unfortunate that your Punto could not make it up to Bhutan.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks J RAVI sir. It's unfortunate that we had to scrap our programme to BHUTAN. Hopefully I would make it next time. Thanks.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    DAY--6///30.05.2013///TOTAL KM--160Km///kmpl--18.4
    Today spotted the first PUNTO in the trip so far.No was 'MH-43-XXXX'---(TUSCAN WINE)----could not read the full No. Any TFI-AN knows this one?

Today took a jungle safari in the JALDAPARA national park .Saw some peacock, one hornbill, one barking deer----pretty disappointing. After returning from the jungle safari we went to COOCHBEHAR(the district town of coochbehar district).It's a more or less planned city with many beautiful & big water bodies, lots of greenery and very good level of cleanliness. BUT ABOVE ALL THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE PEOPLE OF THIS CITY IS REALLY NICE.THEY ARE SO HELPFUL & POLITE.Anybody,whom we asked about some spots or route, they are eager to help. REALLY NICE.

COOCHBEHAR PALACE has now taken over by ASI & maintained beautifully. A museum has also been setup in the PALACE.
    Visited MADANMOHAN TEMPLE in the city.

We also visited BANESWAR temple ,few kms from coochbehar city.This temple(of lord SHIVA)famous for it's tortoises.

On the return trip to JALDAPARA we took the route through CHILAPATA FOREST. Beautiful forest,lush greenery.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sandipan da seeing the pics i really repent the decision to drop my trip with you. :(. :cry:. May be my luck will favour me the next time.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SATISH, always next time. Frankly we really enjoyed this trip.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pics of day6---jaldapara national park gypsy safari

DSCF0386.jpg DSCF0393.jpg DSCF0400.jpg DSCF0408.jpg DSCF0412.jpg DSCF0413.jpg DSCF0415.jpg DSCF0410.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some more pics of day6---

DSCF0430.jpg DSCF0456.jpg DSCF0484.jpg DSCF0487.jpg DSCF0486.jpg DSCF0490.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013