1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 2012 BNW Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sanjeevskartha, Aug 16, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Fabulous choice.. You will never regret it.
    You will never feel that the design seems to be outdated..
    I mean my car is 3 yrs old and it was dirty to the core yesterday, but for some reason i had parked it down an incline with a bit of opposite lock and i just started to gaze and feel happy about the way she looked..

'She's definitely a looker' , Any which way you want to see ;-)
    All the best, clock more and more miles with lots of smiles...
    2 people like this.
  2. Congrats on your Punto Sanjeev.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    SANJEEV,It's just the beginning.The more you drive this car the more you will love this beauty.
    This car is equally competent both on highway & on broken roads.I just love the way this car handles bad roads.JUST GREAT.
    I Call it as a 'SUVish HATCH'.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. hey buddy, I double checked. It is km/l. I don't know why the mileage is so low :(
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Congrats on your new car & I hope you have many kms & year's of trouble free ownership.

Have you checked why the mileage is only 8.8kmpl? It is awfully low for a diesel engine.

Typical responses for anyone that's decided to buy a Fiat. This is also the biggest stumbling block to Fiat's sales. Fiat has to tackle this issue on priority, why after 15 years and umpteenth so called comeback's & second inning's this reputation continues to stick to Fiat.

Also, let us know what the responses of your friends & relatives were after they experienced the Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Thanks Amit.
    Got a lot of responses from all and sundry. Positive responses of course.
    Would like to post one -
    My cousin and I were driving back to back in his Alto and my Punto respectively. Livewire that he is, he would keep on tailgating me while driving in the city. After sometime, I was getting a bit worried as he might crash into my car in case I had to stop suddenly. On the next blank stretch , I sped up a bit to keep some safe distance between us.
    Only I did not know how fast I had gone until I checked the RVM a minute later. He was nowhere in sight.
    Pulled over and waited for him. He reached after about two minutes and shouted at me for driving so fast. :D
    I swear to god I did not know that the car was going so darn fast!!
  7. 8.8 kmpl is too less(was it driven only in city with longer idling period with ac on),have you checked with the service centre??any updates on this issue?reset the tripmeter once more and see how much you get on a short highway trip.

:eek:fftopic in my swift i used to get around 11-12kmpl with ac on in bangalore traffic,but on highways it was never less than 20kmpl.
  8. Have'nt checked with the service center till now since I was a bit busy with work. Besides, the car was in the service center for about two weeks and I just got my hands on her recently. So did'nt feel like taking it back there.

My drives have been 99% in the city with AC always on. Will take a highway trip soon and update on this.

:eek:fftopic I own an Alto K10 as well, and it has been giving me 18kmpl consistently.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much have you run till now? I guess thats a common problem in everyone who is shifting from petrol to diesel. two of my friends complained about this in their first days and slowly, its getting better.. also the engine needs to set in, it ll come to around 15 kmpl after a couple of thousand kms.. Try tankful to tankful method testing- fill it fully till the auto cutoff in the pump's dispenser, run for around 100 kms and again fill from the same pump till the auto cut off point. Even the service centre does the same, they fill it , run it till kovalam and back and check the mileage.. it ll surely be above 20 in any case !!
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    How many KM you drove your car.

Check this if it can help.
    Don't rev too hard. Start your engine, keep it idle for 30 sec to 1 min. then slot on first gear and move, after it reach 10km/hr slot into 2nd gear. once it reach 20-25 km/hr slot on 3rd gear and then after 40-50 slot on 4th gear. after 60-65 slot on 5th gear and try it. Punto's gear ratios are different and it will take time to adjust your driving style. Please make sure that rev will not cross max 2200.

Try this and let us know if this helps to improve. Reset the KM/L to 0 before checking. 8.8L is strange; If you drive in 1st & 2nd gear constantly it will give min 12-13 in city.