1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 2009 linea diesel not performing well.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Surinder kumar, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Surinder kumar

Surinder kumar Timido

Hoshiarpur
    Linea 1.3
    Hello guys my linea active diesel has lost its pickup considerably it was taking 0-100 endless 26 seconds. My brother's linea taking just 15 seconds for the same both cars are 2009 mine has done 1,50,000 kms and the other one has done 90,000 kms.
    My mechanic found to much smoke from exhaust main field so he told me that pistons/rings/cylinders are worn out and engine overhaul is due. So I proceed with it. Now after overhauling and going another 2000 kms smoothly it is still taking 20 seconds for 0-100 and spark of a kind of new engine is never felt. What to do.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ have you got all the rubber turbo hoses checked for cuts? If not, please do that first.
    lots of black smoke, low mileage and bad pickup are typical symptoms of leak from turbo hose.

I guess you have gone to local mechanic and not to an authorized Fiat service center. Does your town not have a Fiat SC?
  3. Surinder kumar

Surinder kumar Timido

Hoshiarpur
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks esperto it was a leak from air inlet hosepipe and car pickup is now improved a bit.
    But know a new issue has been developed. I recently drove my car spiritedly for say 100 kms. Know the car is shaking badly I done all four tyres wheel balanced but it is still shaking when ever I accelerate it. My mechanic told it is due to one of injector could be blocked. But I done injector cleaning just 4000 kms ago before engine overhaul. What to do.
  4. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Im sorry to say but you should have approached a service centre. :(

Today s fiat with mechanical issues aren't meant to be fixed by a local mechanic unless they have experience and proper training to work with these cars. Changing bulbs, headlights, wiper blades, tyres, wheels is ok for local mechanics.

In the process of trying to save a few rupees that mechanic will ensure you keep visiting him for repairs until you are fed up and sell your car.

Rather approaching a service centre you would have had a repair by professionals with the right equipment and manuals with right instructions & quality controlled environment ensuring a perfect repair at the cost of few extra money you would spend. Not to mention a warranty* on the repair. Also gives you the basic consumer rights if the repair is not upto your satisfaction.
  5. Surinder kumar

Surinder kumar Timido

Hoshiarpur
    Linea 1.3
    Here in my town no fiat A.S.S available and the mechanic I trusted is a very good with these cars.
  6. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Im sorry to hear that but i dont know if the forum will be of much use. See if its possible to visit a workshop just to diagnose the issue.

AFAIK that would be the best option to troubleshoot any more underlying issues which will give you a clearer picture of the work that will needed to be done to restore the car closer to factory performance.