1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 10000 KM Ownership review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by santhukp, Feb 26, 2013.

1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Its time to share my 10000KM experience.

My driving experience was 0 before my Punto.This is my first 2/4 wheeler in my family and there was no plan to buy any car before, but after my marriage thought of taking the license at least, so went for Driving school in Chennai to get the 2/4 wheel license.Somehow i managed to get my license with out any issues.

When i got my license,the dream of owing a 4 wheeler was popes up in mind all time...What a stupid idea .Started going through all the online forum. I didn't asked opinion from my friends for selecting the car because i was sure that they will tell Maruti Alto,Wagon R or Swift will be the better choice.So started going through all the dealers and checked out all the models which were there in mind(Swift,Figo,Wagon R,Ritz and A star and Punto )

Swift were ruled out for its leg space and Boot space (I am 6.1" and wife is 5.8" .We were never comfortable in it) and another reason for rejection was its so common in in every where.I was looking for something which people should look at it while passing out .for the same reason i ruled out Wagon R ,Ritz and A star.
    We were impressed with Figo's leg space and Boot space and all most decided to select it as our first car till when we i checked out the punto in Concord Motors in Mysore road.

Fiat was there in mind because of the first TV commercial for Linea (remember the add where a boy and Father passing near by a Fiat showroom and father was admiring the car-Admiration guaranteed?)<wbr>When i checked the Punto in Concord motors i was 90% decided this is the one i was searching....:p .That time onwards i was comparing punto with Figo only.For me both were VFM products and was with in my budget.

Figo was rejected because i felt the car looks soo dull and ist like a 1990's car compared to Punto.
    It taken 3-4 months to take my car into heavy traffic because of poor driving skills.Now i am improved a lot but not an expert still and my points here is based on my average knowledge.

[/FONT]
    297733_10150994294160736_622564839_n.jpg [FONT=arial, sans-serif]
    What I don't like in Punto after 10000KM.

Sudden acceleration is very poor in Punto 1.2 when AC is on.
    Huge Turing Radius.Some time in bangalore road i feels Oh my god how i will take the U turn here:confused:.
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Poor Third Class Plastic inside the cabin.Its really third class.Even the windshield plastic beeding and wipers are also in poor quality.

What i Likes in Punto After 10000 KM

In highway this car is soo boring in driving @80KM/H:grin:.She will ask you to push more.
    she gives enough confidence even in 120-130 KM/H for an average silent driver like me.
    Never boring looks.
    Highly reliable car. no issues till now.
    Super silent from inside and outside.

Expenses Till now

1st service no cost.
    2nd Service Rs4800 for Mandatory oil changes,coolant changes . Didn't given the print out saying Printer is not working(TAAS printers never works:evil:)
    Rs250 for changing faulty rear plastic panel.

Total Expenses till now is Rs 5050/-
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The more you will drive it - the more you will love it !

Rest assured the wipers of the Punto are a class apart. Cars like Mercedes etc have these style wipers and they work fantastically well.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Which is this place?? Too beautiful. Gives a feeling your car in some other country. May be you should have waited for the bus or bike to move out of the frame.
  4. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    This is what my exact experience on my Linea. I shared my thoughts today several hours before you here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-road/9321-hyderabad-chennai-all-alone.html

All the best.
    1 person likes this.
  5. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes its very beautiful place (Bandipur forest)and the quality of road is excellent (Gundalpel-Sulthanbatheri road). 551890_10151023139431498_1744155143_n.jpg
  6. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    The front wipers are good it seems but i am not sure the rear wiper is of good quality.I was talking about the plastic parts between the front windshield and bonnet .
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you referring to area where windscreen washers are placed? They are bound go dull due to exposure to different weather conditions. You can consider carbon vinyl wrap for this area. Many TFIans have done that.
  8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    yes punto_emotion.how much it costs ?
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Cost starts from @ 600 Rs and it might go all the way up till Rs. 1500 depending on the shop you choose. This can be done at a local sticker shop / accessory shop or at reputed outlets like 3M. If you are keen on DIY, you can give it a try :up

Check in few shops in JC road. But be careful about the pricing here.

You can refer this post - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/body/4458-carbon-fiber-wrap-red-my-gp-8.html
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Yes.. I have been to this place.. but, failed to recollect.
    Should go there again soon.

I was looking the photo with your car in the frame (same angle as previous) minus the van & bike