1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 1 Year with Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack - Bossa Nova White!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by alokdhawal, Nov 29, 2012.

1. alokdhawal

alokdhawal Novizio

Hello TFIans!!

I purchased my White Beauty- Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack Bossa Nova White color exactly an year back on 30th November 2011. Had seen a Linea with the TFI batch and presto the search guided me to this lovely forum. Great to see so many Fiat lovers at one place and so much wealth of knowledge being available for all Fiat owners!

Now my buying experience which was nothing short of a roller coaster ride! Starting from Chevrolet Beat -->Ritz --> Swift --> Jazz--> I finally settled for Grande Punto !! After numerous selection and 3 car booking I finally got my car.

I spent endless hours researching Petrol VS Diesel and somehow came to the conclusion that Petrol will do for me . Had booked the New Swift ZXI (Petrol) after loads of deliberation. However as soon as it was booked the Maruti plant got shut due to labour unrest... and sadly my booking got delayed... The sales person said he could not commit on the dates. In a few days I heard that Honda has slashed the prices of Jazz...

I went saw the car, test drove it, liked it... and hey cancelled the Maruti Swift booking and booked the Honda Jazz... But guess destiny had something else up its sleave!! Honda factory in Bangkok Thailand got flooded and spare parts became of shot supply! I couldnt believe it! The Honda dealership told me that he cant commit on any dates and it can take as long as 3 months for delivery - may be even more!! I was completely pissed at the turn of affairs... Imagine buying your 1st car after months of planning and deliberation and 2 car booking you end up getting none.!

After waiting for about a month luckily went to the Wasan motors to see the Punto... I was floored at the feature rich car... and guess what for 50K more was getting a diesel car which is this era seems like a boon!!....
    So finally I took the call after much deliberation and cancelled my 2nd car booking (luckily on both bookings I got full refund) and booked the Punto.... From there on it has been lovely experience. I got the car in around 10-12 days flat. Oh how happy I was, not for a moment from there have I ever regretted my decision of buying a Punto. Such a stunner to look at, beautiful, power packed, feature rick and is loaded with everything you could ever need in a car.

I will summarize a few pluses of the car
    • Brilliant features like Blue and Me
    • Absolutely Comfortable- This car can beat any hatchback and i dare say many sedans in the ride quality department. potholes just dissapear under its brilliant suspension
    • Features- ABS,Airbags etc are common, what i am talking about is exceptional features- Which company thinks that during rains when you put your car on reverese, the reverse wiper starts off?? Where will you find features like guide me home?? Its fascinating as you keep on discovering these features as you ride oN!!
    • Powerful engine- Give it city riding or highway i have never seen it stutter, brilliant highway performer, sticks to the road and remains stable and composed

Thats not an exhaustive list but you will see how this car grows on you over a period of time..
    In my one year the only problem i faced was a loose suspension which was making noise-took it to the service station and it was sorted immediately. No more complaints as of now..

Loving every moment of it spending 3hours a day commuting to and fro office makes the car very important partner in your life!!
    Also I am thoroughly enjoying TFI, just discovered a treasure on Fiat here! Great work!

Happy Driving!! :redcar

2011-12-08 08.30.34.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

congrats on your punto's first birthday in advance!! so what are you planning to gift her :) welcome to tfi and we all love to see lots of pictures ..
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For Sure FIAT is VFM, But those who are passionate will only know it. the rest will follow the >>>>>>>>
    The Punto gives the feeling of Driving a Saloon car...
    Once Bitten by FIAT Bug, Then FIATian forever
  4. alokdhawal

alokdhawal Novizio

More Pics!

2011-12-04 12.26.53.jpg 2011-12-04 12.26.46.jpg
    3 people like this.
  5. alokdhawal

alokdhawal Novizio

Love this Pic!

1 person likes this.
  6. alokdhawal

alokdhawal Novizio