1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 1.3 punto EP MJD white stallion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rahulrajen, Aug 10, 2011.

1. rahulrajen

rahulrajen Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just got the delivery of this gleaming beauty.. Simply awesome and so royal to look at.. :)..
    With these loads of features, one can feel like being in a luxury sedan. planning to prop up the interiors with custom black and red finish and fix an armrest by my side.. Even planned to give it a abarth look with vinyls.. I Love the way it drives and handles.. Blue and me is accpeting my voice commands even wen i use fainty voice.. Its a great car indeed..
    I owned a swift and loved it for its handling and drivaibility. No hatchback except punto can vie with swift in tat. I have made a good choice.. Did a 5 month research on premium hatchback diesel cars and zeroed in on this.
    On the negative side : the dashboard plastic is the not worth the whopping money we pay for. The turbo kicks in after quite a while wen compared to swift. This is coz of the 200kg difference and on the positive side its more and more sturdier, larger and stronger than swift.
    Overall ... This is the best hatchback in india..:cool:
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Rahul, you have made the right choice. Welcome to TFI, pictures please, let us have a look at your beauty.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rahul many congratulations for new car & nice short and sweet writeup. :)

I have 90HP Punto & I done the Abarth Graphics. You can have a look of my Punto Abarth at below link.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...ion-Punto-to-90HP-Diesel-Punto-Abarth./page15
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Rahul, welcome to TFI family. I think you did listen to your heart in choosing Punto. Then regarding the turbo of swift & punto, the difference you feel is because of the difference in gear ratios & not merely the turbo and of course as you said Punto being much heavier. Enjoy your ride and I am sure within a short while you will say that Punto out performs swift in handling & drive ability. Do post pics of your beauty.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    congrats Rahul on taking the right step and listening to the Heart, not like others who dont listen to their hearts and envy on fiat's after seeing them on the roads parked near by their cars.
    Congrats once again and happy motoring around.....
  6. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    welcome to the club rahul. you are bang on target when you say the punto is slightly slower than swift due to its weight, which inturn implies rock sturdyness and stability as high speeds which no hatchback can match. I myself had to apply sudden brakes from a speed of 90 kms , when a group of buffaloes were crossing the highway at night, the car stopped in a straight line with a loud shriek, the indica tailing me applied brakes and swirled and crashed into the divider.i thanked my stars for buying a punto.I wish you many happy years of motoring.
  7. rahulrajen

rahulrajen Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all. Thanx a lot. I feel really proud to be in this elite club indeed.. Will upload the pics soon coz as of now i have only low quality pics taken wit mobile. I really feel elated and the overall experience from the time of test drive till the delivery was superb. Thanx to TAFE chennai.

But one disgusting thing happened today morning as an epitome of cheap plastic quality. The driver side sunvisors broke off and came. Its just some 4th or 5th time am unfolding the visors after delivery. Felt so bad about it coz tomoro am taking my car for a long drive by daytime and i wud need the visors badly. Called up the fiat customer care to get a free replacement. They told they took up the complaint and will take 48 hrs to revert. Fired back at them for not understanding my urgency. By evening am going to the service center. Let me see whats their response.

@kedarbendre.. Tat abarth stickers u put in the sides are awesome. It really gives a sporty look. Is it ready-made vinyl or computer-cut stickers? And how much was its cost?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rahul those are computer cut stickers & I paid Rs. 950.
  9. rahulrajen

rahulrajen Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to service station and Replaced the visors.. They were about put the blame on me tat i only broke tat and in turn bill tat. But i interrupted and told them tat i dint expect this from a brand like fiat and told them i had placed a official complaint to fiat india regarding the breakage. The next moment the scene changed. I was treated like a priority customer. I Was flocked around by service personnels who were inquiring about my experience with the new car and was offered several things to eat while the new sun visors were being fixed in place.. They asked me if i had any other complaint in vehicle performance tat they cud look into. They even cleaned my car... These ppl are scared of higher officials from tata motors it seems. They asked me to give good feedback just in case if i got call from any managers reg. this. Anyway. I got wat i wanted. Its a happy moment.. :)

Thats great.. i will be doing tat soon..Thanx
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rahul where are you from?

I have vector file for Abarth stickers if you want I can forward that to you. You just need to go to the local radium wala and ask him to cut it for u.

Use glossy red vinyl.