1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My 1.2 Black Beauty

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by renjithlal, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am sure, the issue will be sorted out soon, don't worry....
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  2. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Latest update, service centre is telling it is only a loose connection. However they have not fixed it so far. I wonder, if it is only a loose connection, why they take almost 2 days...still not fixed. They have no realistic explanation for this. What they are telling, they were getting an error code from OBD, which they were unable to diagnose. So they forwarded it to FIAT Technicians. According to FIAT instruction once/twice they tried to fix it, but the error message was still re-appearing. When I contacted late this evening..reportedly the car is on a test drive (a long test drive as they put it), to ensure that the error is fully fixed and is not re-appearing. Once it is confirmed that the error is not coming, they will deliver the vehicle. I don't know, what these people are telling is true/not? Right from the beginning they deliberately maintained that there is no major issue, no vehicle complaint (read no manufacturing defect), there is no mechanical error, but the error is only electrical (one would wonder whether faulty electric -wiring etc , is that not manufacturing defect, or could be seen apart from the vehicle). They are telling as if it is a non-issue and has nothing to do with Fiat. I don't know, apart from the manufacturer who else is responsible ? So one more day is over...wait continues for another day. Still fingers crossed what is in store for us...tomorrow?
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Renjith !! Congratulations on your new ride.. The color makes it look even more stunning !! and that Rear is simply class.. Executed so well. Happy Motoring and Have a safe ride :)
    Regret that I missed to read your entire post and the nightmare that's haunting you currently. As stated I wish it is a sensor issue and gets rectified soon. Fingers Crossed !!
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Yeah..glad that she is back...issue resolved. They told it is just a loose connection in a plug....Wish the problem will not recur.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @renjithlal

Good to hear. Must've been tough for you but you're good to go now. You know?: small electrical faults are simple fixes but locating the exact problem takes a while longer than mechanical ones.

all the best, you now get to enjoy the Evo whole-heartedly? !:)
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  6. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Thank u all the fellow TFIs. Some of you predicted the issue correctly and some shared their views and experiences to feel better in tough time. The issue they told is a loose -connection in a plug (coupling), which is placed just underneath the bonnet, on the centre and what service people are telling, if some water seep in and oozes into the bonnet, because of the placement of the issue-found plug, possibility is there, water may drop on to the plug and cause the issue. But I can't accept that. Because just washing the body, how this issue as he was telling would happen? If this is the case, we cannot wash the car at all or put it in the rain !!! On the contrary another guy who attended the issue told me it is a sort of a manufacturing defect in the plug, which may be there in all the cars of the same batch (so far no such issues reported and mine was the 1st reported issue, according to him). So all TFIans having 1.2 manufactured in Oct 2014 (MCA.......D...........KJZ) better watch out for.
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank god,the problem was a very minor one;but should not had been there in the first place.Hope the problem will never occur again,and you will be in love with your EVO.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Done some good long ride in EVO and now the ODO just gone past 3K. I done both Highway & city. Highway ride Bangalore - Hubli stretch (to & fro)around 850 odd kms. Then Bangalore- Trivandrum (750 kms) back to Hubli from Trivandrum (1200 kms). EVO is really smooth to drive, very driveable in cities. On highways several times I touched upto 150. But mostly I was maintaining a constant speed of 90-100 kmph and as getting good returns too around 16.7 Av FE., considering when its ODO still not reached 2K, I think 16 km/l is good. But on return journey (TVM-Hubli) I had to reach fast so I took a driver friend too and he just hit the deck esp on Madurai - Salem stretch and touched 170 kmph (driver certified that beyond 170 it wont go), and as constantly among 120-130 kmph, we were three and full luggaged. Only annoying thing after 110 -120 kmph, cabin will be filled with engine noise and the sound will steadily increase from there. And at the end of the day we found huge decrease in Av. FE to 13 km/l. The same FE I managed to get during my Trivandrum - Karunagapalli (near kollam) stretch, the NH-47 would be full of traffic, you will be constantly changing gears, breaks etc and it took nearly 3 hrs to cover 100 kms and Av.FE was 13 odd km/l. But in rush traffic and all I felt punto lacks that zip to overtake and to move swiftly in traffic which I really find it difficult. It as annoying even nanos swiftly move past us in traffic and we were snarling and in slow movements I find in many a occasion that 3 rd gear not at all pulls the vehicle I had to downshift the gear to 2nd even then the powerlessness felt in bumper-to bumper traffic. I blame myself as I m new to driving and EVO 1.2 is my first car. So may be, I myself lacks the dynamics to better drive in such conditions.
    Here is a photo taken my me (while my friend as driving @ 170 kmph, but when I took the photo, the speed dropped a bit down to around 160 kmph, and as I put we were driving at hot speed not for taking photos but at that time there was opportunity for a snap and we took that speed becoz of necessity and the road conditions and traffic was excellent and pretty much permissible for high speeds)

Some thing more to add. Breaking is exceptionally good even at very high speeds. Curves with ease in really good speed. WP_20150208_13_40_19_Pro.jpg WP_20150208_13_40_19_Pro.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    varunrtr and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  9. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Glad to know that Punto 1.2 returned good mileage figures. However, a word of caution from my side; though the temptation for speed will exist while you are in a Punto, i will suggest you to stick to 70-90 kmph for obvious safety reasons. Highways in India coupled with zero traffic sense will put you and your near and dear ones in serious danger while resorting to such high speeds.
    renjithlal, Dr. Fixated and aramico like this.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surprised to know that EVO 1.2 can touch 170 kmph.