1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I guess the Michelin enegery MXV8 is difficult to source, but impossible. I would not suggest 225 for the Tjet+1, stick to 205 which is good enough.

AVS DB over PLC purely for the cost purpose. I dont find the PLC VFM compared to AVS DB. Both the tyres are intended for same purpose. Whichever you buy, ensure proper care is taken when driving on rough roads
    1 person likes this.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Not sure if you were able to look at my thread whose link I shared earlier. I have changed to Michelin Primacy LC and used them for more than 6000 kms. If you are a careful driver and maintain pressure as per company recommendations, then it should not be an issue

Stock size provides ideal grip. Not sure if an upgrade in size is needed. There is also a Michelin Primacy HP which can be used - I am not sure if it is available in India. From above mentioned models for 205/55, I would suggest go for the cheapest one and by cheapest I mean there should be atleast Rs 2000 difference per tyre with respect to Michelin Primacy LC
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

So AVS DB makes sense for costing purpose. Thats a good pointer.

Now, if I can source Michelin energy MXV8, which one would would you recommend between this and YOKO AVS DB
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Be cautious with AVS DB. There are reports on the forum of changing one tyre every 3 months due to side wall damage. Please search and you will find that report. Consult that unfortunate member.

Rajan

Edit: Found that post
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Yup I had seen that , but I think one of the very few negative review ive seen for them. I have still not decided.

The main concern is, the weight of the TJET is more than the NA Linea , so need to consider that as well. So "softer sidewalls" can be a pottentail pitfall.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What was your stock? Apollo Accelere 205/55 R16? Why don't you just stick with them, if you did not face any issues with them?

Rajan
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Either the PLC or AVS DB needs equal care and attention on bad roads theres not denying that.

Weight does matter. But even if lighter, care and attention is required for PLC and AVS DC. You can consider CPC2 which is available size and similar cost (at least in bangalore). CPC2 has the harder sidewalls of AVS DB, PLC and CPC2, but they are not as silent as AVS DC or PLC. Performance is similar.

Acceleres dont come in 205/55 R16 size, else would have been good option of our road condition.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Nope the Jet runs on stock GY rubber. I just crank up the volume on the HU and never notice the tyre noise ;)

I've had LC's on the Punto for over 20k kms now. No complaints so far. And boy the change in ride quality and tyre noise was huge.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Lol, thats what I was thinking. Ive been so used to the Tyre Noise for 40k, that i dnt even notice it anymore. or maybe its the music .

Any tyre with a little less noise would be now "music" to the years. Thtas why I am looking for the best grip and handling in the new tyres, even if little tyre noise is there, it wont be worse than what it is right now.

Hence Grip and handling and maybe durability is the priority.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Can you update on tyre purchase. Which one finally you choose. I am also thikning of going for new tyres. Crossed 42K now