1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

My belief that diesels give better mileage than petrols is getting corrected by satya and ansal.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3

It is not the case. My MJD on the return trip posted an impressive figure of 23.6 for sedate driving style. But definitely the new gen gasoline burners are coming off age.
  3. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi

hi ansal...
    did first 50 odd kms yesterday...was really fun.....just getting used to the hydraulic steering and the gear....!!!!!
    have only used electric steering before so find it a little bit heavy... ::pP i think the gear box is a little stiff sometimes, its not as smooth as that of honda city or swift or an i20.it may get smoother in future i hope..
    just have one major problem(minor for some).....the lack of space. :uh :uh .....i cant even keep my phone and wallet properly....could u suggest something to me as i think that this could be a common problem for all....

m a little lazy so would open my own thread in some days with the pics....so kindly pardon me for that ::V ::V
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey Amar, how bout using the front center armrest for your phone and wallet? Or maybe the driver side door pockets. :)
    Gearbox will get better with time (3k-5k Kms).
  5. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi

hey thanks paddleshifter...!!!!!
    i dont like using the centre armrest while driving daily......n yeah ill check the driver side pockets...that went completely unnoticed by me...thnks..
    n r u too sure abt the gear box coz its too notchy....early days as of now...
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hey Amar, no problem. Njoy the Jet first and once you have time update us with a new thread with loads of pics.

About the questions, for the phone and wallet, the best place is below the hand break lever. That place is specifically made for this, the material put there doesnt harm ur phone with any scratches. Also, for keeping change and loose money use the vents provided on the left and right side of the hand brake lever.

Dnt worry, ull get used to hydraulic steering, its much better than EPS. I love the way the steering handles compared to other similar options available in the market. The gear box does feel stiff for the first 1-2k kms but during this time, it will adapt to ur usage types and would defo become smooth.

The only problem i feel is no bottle holders, cup holders bein very small as well. But i think ive got used to it now coz everythin else is forgotten once you put ur foot on the throttle. :redcar
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

1 liter bottle goes easily in the horizontal pockets/sleves on the doors. Try that.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hey Thanks Viny, Havent tried that one. Will do it tomorrow Morning ::T
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Yes. I have tried placing bottles in the door. It works good.
    @Amar: Congrats on your purchase of TJet. You can use the place holder in the dash as well to put your mobile. I either place it there or below the hand brake. Just remember to collect it when you move out off the car. I keep it forgetting most of the time.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Tried a few different size bootles today in the side door pockets. Guess What - They Fit. Thanks Viny. No more Keep the bottles on the seat !!!!!