1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

Yes man. I got tricked. I was reading your thread from the last post (newest post) onwards and saw the title:
    Re: Linea TJet Sport Special Edition Caught Testing :)
  2. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai

Hey Ansal

I'm planning to go in for JBL components (I have them in my santro too and really like them) but I was wondering where does the crossover go.
    Also will the cables from the head unit be reqd to be cut/replaced and what does that do to the warranty?
    Can u connect anything other than a pen drive to the USB port?

Sorry about bombarding you with so many questions but I hadn't checked this thread (I wonder why?) and I need you advice on this.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hey Eyeguy

Putting the JBL components wont be a problem. Regarding the crossover, in my case it was put in the door panel, bolted to the inner side of the door. I have put pictures of it as well in my ICE install (2nd picture on page 33).

No need for cutting any wires at all. Please beware of this. This is the most important part. If you cut ny wires first ur warranty would be void. Even if you dont care about the warranty, features like Blue & Me may be Lost. And i think that would be a BIG no for everyone. So make sure no wire cutting is done. Supervise the installation urself and tell the installer before hand. A good professional installer will never cut any wires.

About the USB port, other than a USB i think people have tried connecting ipods with and without adapters (available in the market). I have an iphone but dnt know why i havent even tried connecting it yet. Never felt the need as all my music is in a dedicated stick/HDD.

Hope ive been able to help. Please dnt worry about askin any questions u have in mind. ::T
  4. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai

Thanks man that was real helpful
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

::D Behind the scene so many things happend.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Ansal, what exactly is wire cutting?
    I got JBL comps done yesterday. He did not cut any stock wire from FIAT at all but he did cut other wires from tweeters etc to connect them to each other. Does this come under wire cutting as well? :-?

Hi eyeguy, even in my case the crossover was bolted to the inner side of the front door. No wire from FIAT was cut at any time.
    Apart from pendrive, the Blue&Me USB can be connected to iPod/iPhone (may need the adaptor depending upon Blue&Me software version and the iPod/iPhone model), many phones as well (I have connected the Samsung Corby Plus and played tracks from USB).
  7. Uma_tjet+

Uma_tjet+

Bangalore

hi Guys, sorry to ask a naive question, what is JBL?
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

This will help you to understand JBL :).....

http://www.indiajbl.com/index.aspx

They are one of the finest car audio part makers
  9. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai

Thanks PaddleShifter
    It was a relief to hear no wires were cut.
    I was told that to attach the original wires to the crossover or directly to any new speakers the tips may have to be cut.
    Where have you put the components (front or back) and can u tell me the model no. of the JBLs you have.
    And how do they sound?

Btw do I use my regular phone usb cord to connect a nokia or blackberry to the blue n me.
    I do have a dedicated pen drive but my wifes phone and mine have quite a bit of music too and it would be great to be able to connect them too.
  10. Uma_tjet+

Uma_tjet+

Bangalore

Hi Shashank

Thanks a lot, i have learnt something today..