1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

Sorry havent got the pictures (for the reasons i have mentioned before, forgot the camera so din take many pictures)

The size and shape of the factory installed tweeter is a joke. Its very Minute. The worst thing with the OEM tweeter was the shape of the housing. The Diaognal housing as shown in the picture is looks good from outside but is impossible to fit any tweeters for higher end range or for that matter any typical run of the mill tweeter. It can only take 1/2 inch tweeters and nything marginally bigger wont go in it.

[attachment=1:25cqlchm]1.jpg[/attachment:25cqlchm]

For my installation, the manual for the Polk Speakers actually recommended that it can also be installed with the main speaker housing. They were installed as shown in the picture, encircled in red.

[attachment=0:25cqlchm]2.jpg[/attachment:25cqlchm]

The original tweeter, as mentioned in the original report, were left in their original location but were disconnected.

Hope this helps. :up

1.jpg

2.jpg
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Thanks Ansal, looks like even i would be required to do some kind of jugad to get tweeters fixed.
    I am eyeing at Infinity Kapa and those tweeters are 78cm in diameter, compared to yours 54cm.. :(
    So probably have to get them dash mounted or some otherway ...
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

What ????????? ::OO :shocked

78 cm = 30 inch diameter ???????????

What is it, a tweeter or a home theatre ??

What are you putting in ur car. I think ur mistaken !!!!! ::D

The size of Infinity Kappa series Tweeters and Polk Audio Tweeters are exactly the same. ::V
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Viny 78 mm tweeter are no way gonna fit in stock tweeter space. It is good for approx 15-20 mm only.
    Ansal doesn't installing tweeter along with mid range affects Sound Stage.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

You can't mount those big pair of tweeters on the dash or even the parcel tray. You should probably use the spare tyre well of your car to mount one of them and use the other as a steering wheel. :lol: :) :wink: ::V
    Just kidding. ::D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

That has got to be the funniest thing ive read on TFI. That made my eyes watery, i was ROFLOL. :lol: :evilsmile

:evilsmile , I never knew doctors can be so funny. :up
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Hold on the horses guys..it mm ..my mistake.
    And yes some of you have got the wildest imaginations :D
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

On a serious note (dnt know if thats possible ), Viny meant mm rather than cm. Great Goof up.

Nyways, the size of the tweeters for both infinity kappa and polk is around 26-27 mm. So thats just over an inch. Both cant fit in the OEM tweeter space. Infact, none of the top end or good tweeters would be able to fit.

Vijay, manual said that they can be installed seperatley or with the main housing, so i guess there shouldnt be any problems or great side effects. Havent felt ny problems. ::T
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

OT : U shouldnt have corrected that mistake. lol

Nyways, nice avatar, is that ur car in the picture. Also, please update ur location, where in India are you ??
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks a lot for the nice words Mr Ansal. :) Just trying to add a smile to FIATians' lives.

Yes sir, I knew it was "mm" and not "cm". ::T
    But I do got some wild imaginations. :lol: :lol: Hope you didn't mind.

Haha. Another goof up. 26-27mm is just over an inch and not centimeter. ::V

Ok, enough of high-jacking this thread from my side. :hijacked A little bit of humour is good for health.