1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

Viny, Yes i did test Infinity 6030. In all i auditioned Rockford Fosgate, Alpine Type-S,Polk Audio, JBL and Infinity. My cost was under 7
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

@ adutt, nah inner layer damping would take the cost to millions. Nyways, with the build quality and the kinda use we guys have, its not needed. Even with the damps ive done on mine, the result is beyond exceptional. My advise, get the damping done straight away.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

GOOD NEWS : Got My 2011 Registration and Number Today. I cant believe My luck. Have given the order for the plate, will get it fixed up on the Jet Tomorrow. :clap
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Lucky you :)
    Hows been Infinity 6030/6530 as compared to Polk? I am yet to find a Polk and Alpine in my city :(, probably i dont know right places, most of the places that i visited had a very limited collection on demo :(
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Im more of a bass person, Infinity had good clarity but the problem was it was too bright and squeky. Polk had similar clarity but better on other aspects.

Dnt buy before before auditioning. Go to a high end shop that would be very costly. You'll find most of the rabge there. Audition at that place and buy it from a cheaper place. ::V Thats what i tried for auditioning.

Where do u live nyways ??
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Ansal....one question.....if 555 gives out 55 watt per channel....is it a good idea to go for 125W speakers like you did??? wht advantages would it offer???
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Simple

For the Blau PnP - Max. Power at 4 Ohms- 4 x 110W + 1 x 500W (55W is the RMS)

For Polk Audio Comps - Power Handling - 125 w

For Focal Sub Enclosure - Max-Power: 500W

So there u see, the perfect combination. ::T

You can choose speakers with lesser power handling capabilities, but that would mean sacrificing and not using the Capabilities of the Amp and also long term, with the max power of the amp being 110, speaker with lesser capabilities might not be able to handle them and go bust with an higer power input than they can actually handle. With the Polk Speakers, even at max power of 110 W, they are capable enough to handle everything thats fed to them(Power handling @125w).

Also, the efficiency of the Polk Audio System was 92db, so more output at lesser frequencies and power with impedance @ 4.
  8. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

But if im not wrong....Your Polk comp is 125 RMS and blau is 55 RMS per channel.

Another thing...cnsidering we are not bridging channels...isnt it a good idea to use 2 ohm speakers for higher output???
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Its generally advised the speaker continous power capabilities should be always higher than the amp's.

Also, regarding using 2ohm speakers, yes thats not a problem at all. But you have to match all ur devices with that. Generally, higher the impedance, the more efficient the speaker will be also, meaning it requires less power to achieve the same amount of perceived volume and hence 4 ohm would be better advised (but u can achieve similar output through 2 ohm speakers, only thing being obviously it would require more power to get the same output and hence the efficiency would be low).

With my setup, with the efficiency of Polk being 92 and 4ohm impedance, max output at lower strings, that would obtain the best output and effciency and less loss.
  10. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Blau Specs:
    RMS power (4 ohms): 4 x 55 W / 1 x 200 W
    RMS power (2 ohms): 4x 65 W / 1 x 250 W

Now as per this spec if you use 2 ohm speaker ...it would deliver higher audio output. :confused