1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

Im back after 3 days of getaway in rajasthan. Started with 170kms on the clock when left my place, came back with 1570 kms averaging a respectable 16.4

An amazing drive, touched 160 a few times on the way, drove in b2b traffice filled with 12-16 wheelers, drove in the best and the worst highways. Tested the Jet in every possible way, bottomed out at least 5 times while going over a few craters (heart sank every time), accelerated past a few noted ones, namely bmw x6, a couple of audi's, a million honda city's. A few thousands Gazed at the beauty, a few others gathered the courage to ask a few questions. In love with the 3rd gear. The Head lights (ive heard a few complaints about them not being bright ), i can assure u, driving in the middle of chambal valley (read the famous chamabl ghati) with dark forest around at night, the headlight worked wonders. Felt loss of power a couple of times but the moment i downshifted, there it zoomed. They tyres and the stablility at 160 was as good as it can be. The Sound dampning worked well while driving around 16 wheelers. The ride was so cumfy at the back seat. The best part was, my dad did not get to drive a single Km. Rather than the actual outing, i enjoyed taking the jet out.

Dnt know what else to say...:)
  2. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore

Ansal

Welcome back. You got very good FE considering the long trip and the speed you drove some times.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Thanks Rajen. The higher speeds were achieved when i felt a lil adventureous, else the sppeds were around 80-90 generally.

P.S one funny thing i forgot to mention, during the drive i somehow paused the mediaplayer through the steering controls and couldnt get it back to Play as i din know how to :). Tried everything I could but failed. Had to drive around 2-3 hours with no music in an area where there was no FM reception. :hit
  4. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Hey Ansal.....long time. Lucky you who got to drive 1500kms of the jet in 3 days. Good review...good to hear you touched 160, i am assuming with 4 onboard. This weekend i got to drive the beauty with 5 on-board and felt a bit lack of power....had to downshift numerous times on low speed high gear situations. But i think that is normal.
    The mute button actually pauses the Media Player....hope you got it back.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hmm....it was 3 onboard. Me(driving), Dad and Mom. Havent got a 4th one Yet (Hope u know what i mean :wink: ). I had similar lack of power as well. But a few times, it was there in low gears as well like at 3rd on about 30.
    About the mute button, finally found out but it was too late, 3 hrs of boredom.

Where did u hopped to ??
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Just sold my CBZ for 25k...... :sad1 ....... :sadblue .......... :( ......... :oops: .............. :cry:
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Are u talking about the bike ????
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

yup dilip, Hero Honda CBZ. what else did u think??
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Just came back after Taking delivery of another car. :) Ford Figo . Thats the second car in a month that we have bought. Nice VFM car. Did gave a serious thought to Punto as Dad was in Love with Punto's looks from the time he saw the Punto while buying TJet. But in the end decided with Figo because of the Price as the car is only needed for my dad's travel. :drinks

Came to know a very interesting fact a couple of days back, My grandfather had a Fiat in the 80's and my dad drove it as well. So Kinda Have a History of Fiat in my Family as well. Felt Proud and remembered my late grandfather when i came to know bout this. So, at least im carrying his legacy ::O
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Guys another extremely important thing as well, both for the current owners of the TJet and Prospective Owners, since i have come back from the 1400 km drive last weekend in rajasthan, the fuel efficiency of the Jet has sky rocketed. It truly has. I have driven in bumper to bumper traffic during the last week since the return and the mileage does not come down below 13.4 even in the city. The highest that I have achieved on a long stretch was 16.6 and the lowest ( no matter how hard i drive) was 13.4. The 13.4 was achieved in b2b traffic and generally im getting aroun 14-15 on an average in the normal city traffic with speeds around 50-60. Fingers crossed, if this is maintained, it would overcome even my farthest dreams about the milage. Seriously, im too too happy with milage im getting. :dancing

Suggestion to guys with TJet, try short shifting and im using that to good effect to get this milage. ::T :clap