1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My ♛ Ṩachin Ṫendulkar ♛ just landed by the jet ✈

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ansal11, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I promised you guys, my 100th post would be with my JET. This Is It. I Would be sharing the the buying experience and the initial fun-driving report as well. Thanks everyone for your love and support.

29pyvd4.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
    2 people like this.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    HOW THE JET WAS CHOSEN...!!!!!

I have already shared this before but This would be the complete story here, so sharing once again.

TIME LINE – 15th October to 11th November

When i came back to india, I had three choices at first- and in this particular order and that too my First car in India
    (1)Wanted VW- for the german engineering as i had driven VW in europe before, VW cars are top of the range.
    (2)Honda city - as that had a great reputation in this country and looked the clear winner in terms of stability and reviews of "everything so great with city". Now i know how money minded and class concious and reputation minded people are in NCR region.
    (3)Linea T-jet ?- was my third choice as i never even considered Verna. Fiat had its drawbacks with the kind of reputation they have built over the years in India.

Test drove all the cars - Vento looked as someone forgot to put brain in making the custome happy in longer term. Even toy cars for 5 yr olds in europe are more feature driven than this STRIPPED NAKED VENTO. Alrite, the car is good, but not good enough. so vento went outta picture

Test drove city, Nice salemanship, nice showroom...in all....everything nice in terms of butt licking, n they are really great at this. The car as we all know....is good...but....some things are really really exceptional....while spome things are as bad as they can be....compared to other options available...!!!

TD T-Jet?.....Good people, although not the same kinda butt licking as in City, TJET ? - all has already been said bout the car , so nothing more to say, one thing i would like to add, the weight of the car....heaviest in the class.....but the pick up was like as if i was driving a bike with almost no weight.....thats how good it is...!!!!! Compared to city.....and there was only one clear winner......T-JET?......
    Even price on road in Noida, city was only 4k more, told this to sales man that I might go for City(I wasn’t going to), got another 8k discount on T-jet ?. Nycase i was going with it even if he hadnt offerd the discount.

So my 3rd choice ended up being my first.....n im glad i din choose the other two!!!!!
    2 people like this.
  3. Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

Wow ! SBB looks cool.
    Congratulations and have loads of fun with her.

Please post more pictures of your beauty.
    Are you planning to change the tyres ? any accessories added ?

You wrote, you got "another" 8K as discount. How much discount/freebies did you get apart from Rs 8K?
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    THE ORDER – start of the Nightmare that was...!!!!

Everyone knows, that I had to wait a long long time. Heres what Happened. Sorry for making it a bit Long

THE ORDER – start of the Nightmare that was, URBAN LEGEND coming true.

TIMELINE - 11th November – 30th November

Everyone must have heard of the horror stories; mine started on 11th of Nov when I booked TJET ?PLUS SBB from Oberoi Motors, Noida, Sector 16.
    Let me start by saying, Please please don’t go there. Its just a waste of time. False promises after false promises. The dealer hasn’t had a TJET ? for last 1 month. So you can imagine how many they would have sold. I wasn’t aware of this when I booked.

So I booked on the 11th and was told that the deliver would be on 22nd as they did not have the SBB (They din have any other color as well, just a TD car and a TW which was already for someone else.)
    Was promised a few accessories like the spoiler, parking sensors and the usual mats etc.

Was waiting for the D-DAY, was very very anxious as this was my first car in India. Called the dealer a few times in-between to check and went there as well to complete the paper work. Dealer promised everything was good and on time. Suddenly on 21st, I was told that the order they placed on the 11th or 12th din actually somehow reach FIAT so no car has been ordered at all. I was bloody furious as I had made so many plans with the car already.

I thought, it’s alright, things like this can happen sometimes and I let it go. Dealer showed me the complete order processed on 21st and showed me the details online as well. I was happy once again that finally it would be done and dealer gave me the date of 26th for the delivery. I enquired on 25th, and dealer said its very nearby in the lorry in MP, and the car will arrive by morning or nite.

26th came and went and still no car. I was going crazy. On 27th, they mentioned coz of late delivery in the showroom in Jaipur, the trolley couldn’t leave that night and it would be delivered tonite(on 27th nite) and I’ll get delivery on 28th. I wanted to hit someone right there when he told me that. I went to the showroom to cancel the order and also spoke to another dealer in Noida to get the car from there but they did not have SBB, only had TW. The head of sales at oberoi, spoke to the trolley driver in front of me and he said the car will be in the showroom by tonight(28th night) but the dealer said please give me one more day so that he can get everything sorted so I don’t face ny problem anymore. Adutt , donzil and few others advised me to hang on a bit more as I had already waited so much and I guess they were right. So I decided to wait.

I grabbed my hair but somehow consoled myself that its ONLY 1-2 DAYS MORE (that’s what I thought). I told them, Tuesday is the final day that I am giving after that I will cancel the order. On Monday morning, finally I got the call that the car as arrived and I can get it by 4 PM after everything has been done. There was no limit to my happiness(very short time) but within 2-3 hours I was told my car was not on that trolley but on the other one and that trolley will arrive by Monday nite(29th nite).

Morning of 30th, Tuesday, I was told the car has arrived and I can take the car by 3-4 PM. I told them ill reach by 2 and do the PDI. I reached at 2.35 pm with Mom AND Dad, my camera and all the plans of what to do after the car would be delivered……. and guess what…..I was told at the entrance of the showroom by a lady assistant THE CAR WAS STILL NOT THERE. I stormed into the showroom brimming with anger. The sales manager said the car is not there yet but will be there in 30 mins, someone has gone to pick it and drive it from Gurgaon or dwarka. I had specially told them not to drive the car on road without me. I was so so furious.

I told him, I don’t want the car anymore and cancel the order. Guess what the reply was. Yea that’s not a problem. It’s OK with us. I told him I wanted to see his senior and he took me to the Owners office- Mr Oberoi. His attitude was even worse, he told me and my dad, It doesn’t matter to him If we take the car or not. He is not going to force anyone and he could care less. It showed in his attitude that he doesn’t give a rat’s a** if I took the vehicle or not. I was like WHAT THE ****. He did not even once try to convince me not to cancel the car. I wrote the application for cancellation there and then and went out at around 3.45 pm. The Car Had still not arrived and I wasn’t interested even if it arrived now.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    THE STORY AFTER THE CANCELLATION

THE STORY AFTER THE CANCELLATION

I almost decided to go for Honda City as I was fed up with everything. I thought, if this is the start, how would be the rest of the story. I had all the funds ready and I could have gone and pick up City there and then.

This is where TFI came in. If I wasn’t a member of TFI, I would have seriously decided to go for city as I was fed up with things. But I remembered how all the TJET ? owners are happy with the product. I TOO BELIEVED IN THE JET? A LOT AND THAT’S THE REASON I CHOOSE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE (nobody sold the car to me, I decided on my own as I believed it was the best product). Thanks TFI and I mean everyone at TFI.

I gave it a deep thought and the only thing that came in my mind. One rotten fish cannot make me question my own decision. This dealer dealt like a bin-dipping a** h***, not all would.

I called Fiat customer services and took details of three dealers in Delhi. I could have gone to the other show room in Noida, but they did not have SBB and I only wanted SBB.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    THE SECOND COMING.......!!!!!!!!!!

THE SECOND COMING.......!!!!!!!!!!

TIMELINE - 3oth November 4.30 pm

Reached the first dealer, RAMA MOTORS, Okhla at around 4.30. Asked them TJET ? PLUS SBB, Need the car immediately. Guess What. They said they have it in stock, it only arrived 2 days ago. Got everything I wanted, all the accessories and even more. It 3000 Rupees more but well worth it.
    EVERYTHING ORDERED, EVERYTHING DONE AND DUSTED, Rama motors said I can take the car tomorrow, i.e 1st December by around 3 pm but I said to them, take all the time to get everything perfect. Their attitude was so courteous, and I felt like really dealing with them.

The sales head dealt like he was a member of the family. More to come in the Dealership section about them. Told them I’ll pick the car on Thursday 2nd December so that everything is perfect as I din want a disappointment this time.

Came back home empty handed on a day when I thought I’ll be back with my car, but I was back with the happiness that I am dealing with some people who can actually be trustworthy. And the way I live, that’s all that matters to me.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    THE REAL BUYING EXPERIENCE

THE REAL BUYING EXPERIENCE

So I moved on to Rama Motors , Okhla Phase 1, Delhi. From the first interaction, Rama motors was absolutely opposite to Oberoi Motors. No false promises. Only reality. I have seen a few FIAT dealerships, but up and until now, Rama Motors has had the biggest stock of Fiat and Tata cars Near south delhi area.

The people at Rama Motors, specially the senior sales manager Mr. Joshi, although a young guy but was very professional and he dealt like we were dealing with a family member. They has all the colors available for TJET ? and TJET ? Plus, so anyone looking for a specific colors, Rama motors is the place to go.

The best thing about Rama Motors was their attitude towards helping the customers and their quest in becoming a one stop shop for everything u need for your car. They had all the accessories for TJET ?and that too at the actual prices and not inflated prices like other dealers. The manager told me the reason for this. He said, see if we charge over the top, the customer will go to a different dealer or get it from the outside market. So rather than losing the customer, we decided for this policy.

The only thing they did not have a full range of was the window tints for which they only had the most basic products. That’s the only fault I could find with them and u can’t even call it a fault. Everything else was above exceptional.

Even for servicing, I have decided Ill use them. I live in Noida and this is bit out of my reach as I have 2 FIAT service centres with in 5km range of my place. Rama motors is around 20-25kms. But I will still use them and recommend them for anyone in this area. This decision has been taken by me because Rama Motors did not sell me a car, they created a relationship that will be worth more.
    2 people like this.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ?

Hey Bnzjon

About the discount, I actually did not buy from the first dealer because of the NIGHTMARE that i had with them. They (Oberoi Motors, Noida)actually promised so many things but dint deliver on any one of those things. I think, it might be a part of their modus-operandi to get the customers to agree at first, then then milk the customer for everything they have. Glad i Popped out from the deal.

Havent thought about the Tyres at all. Dont think Ill be changing them. Havent seen or heards nyone changing their tyres. Will see if someone changes and have a feedback from them. Anyone Listening..!!

About the accessories :cool , you will soon see everything and i mean everything possible for the TJET on the car. Would be adding the pictures very very soon.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

And to finish the long story off,

TIMELINE- 2ND DEC 2010 , Around 7 pm

MY ? ?ACHIN ?ENDULKAR ? JUST LANDED BY THE JET ? :clap :up

I just Love it. Next off- The initial Experience.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Brilliant start and excellent pictures.