1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUV on Linea

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sagar Sawant, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Similar to the good work done on the Aventurra on the Punto Base ...

I feel Fiat must do a 7 seater MUV on the Linea Base platform ...

Linea is big in length, sturdy platform ... and a retuned 1.3 litre 90bhp engine (different turbo and gear ratios)

I think it could be done ... whats say people?

Will cost less to develop and use of existing platform will further save costs as new LINEA PUNTO are not coming anytime soon ...
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    MS Ertiga is a 1.3 litre 90bhp engine muv.
  3. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I feel strongly fiat must do a 7 seat MUV on the LINEA base ...
    dadasaheb likes this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    may be 1.6 MJD imported like s-cross can be putted along with 6 speed, but for MPV/MUV mileage figures should be more than 20-22 kmpl ARAI :)
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    With even Linea not selling decent numbers, why would Fiat venture out with another product which would not profitable? To get a MUV in their product lineup, there needs to be a substantial investment done at factory and also at workshops? With the ROI on Linea/Punto not exceeding, there seems to be no such innovative thinking in Fiat management I guess.
  6. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    First of all MUV have high demand in India ... especially tier 1,2,3 and rural ... so lets leave the METRO and PRIME URBAN cities away ...

Secondly, factories are designed for multiple assembly line as and when required with horizontal infrastructure in place at the time of factory building ...

So another assembly line is no big deal ...

third. ... there is only a fraction of cost involved as it will be on an existing platform ... also 80% parts will be shared ...

Addon for the third row and testing and homologation as per ARAI ...
    so that is not so much of an expense as say to develop and entirely new car ...

its hardly 25-30% of a full new product development cost ...

I still feel they should do it as anyway no new products will enter india anytime soon ... new linea new punto etc.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    this unbelievable sagar. i was thinking of exactly the same thing today itself. i was about start a similar forum. i am planning to buy a 7 seater as next car. the options i have is ertiga and chevrolet spin. i would love a own a linea mpv. it shud a great product if launched.
    please fiat ,give us this product.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  8. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sumit my suggestion is to wait for some time till diwali ...

Ertiga and Mobilio are duds ...

I would recommend the new improved Xylo ... much utility than Ertiga and Mobilio ...

And M&M has more and more products coming up in this year ... wait for Diwali ...

And who know if by then Fiat decided to do a 7 seat MUV ...
  9. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have written a mail to fiat suggesting similar idea a year back and discussed this in tfi too. I think mpv should work well for fiat.They already have linea platform and 90 bhp engine, what they need is a different outer shell and bit of designing, they can retain the new linea' s front fascia, which I think suits the mpv very well. After this a some road testing for 6 months, not extensive one. If fiat had taken its customers needs and feedback, the mpv could have been released by this time
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat is having everything, Hatch to SUV

croma-fiat-multijet-nuova-station-wagon-01.jpg

croma-fiat-multijet-nuova-station-wagon-02.jpg

croma-fiat-multijet-nuova-station-wagon-03.jpg

croma-fiat-multijet-nuova-station-wagon-04.jpg
    harish kotur, drknaresh and Rama like this.