1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

music system upgrade ???

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dr.kush123, Nov 19, 2013.

1. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    hi fnz...finally got time today...changed the stock speakers myself....hope if it helps ...posting the pictures and steps i did.... 4 hrs of hard work.....result---------LOVELY !!! and no amps used...only jbl components....the same ones --pics posted above.

step 1...remove the door covers...
    2. take a small saw...get one from hardware store...and cut off the head of the rivet..slowly...
    3. do for all rivets...
    4. take out the speakers..
    5. slowly hammer in the remaining portionn of the rivet in the door... it will fall inside...take it out and throw it !!
    6. see pictures/

2015-05-04-1004.jpg

2015-05-04-1005.jpg

2015-05-04-1006.jpg

2015-05-04-1007.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2015 ---
    now i got four circular board made spacers from a local shop....30 rs each...120 for 4 spacers
    - took one of them and put on the rear of speaker to measure if it fits...it didnt !!! then had to cut from inner diameter to fit the speaker...used same little saw....yup , it took some time...
    - placed this spacer over the other one and used very tiny nails to join both....got sturdily joined.
    - to my horror... found the outer diameter of these spacer was less than the rivet holes in the door !!!!!!
    - two options - drill holes as per these spacers....or.....increase the spacer size as per holes in door..
    - i went for other option...used and old board ply...cut small triangles and fixed them to the spacers as in pictures using same nails....
    - finally got this spacer...used old speakers to mark the holes on these traingles... 2015-05-04-1008.jpg 2015-05-04-1009.jpg 2015-05-04-1010.jpg

2015-05-04-1011.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2015 ---
    thats duct tape to give rigidity to the spacer which i had cut from inside to fit the speaker....
    now placed the jbls on the spacers and drilled four holes...used long screws to fit the speaker.. on the spacer....

2015-05-04-1012.jpg

2015-05-04-1013.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2015, Original Post Date: May 4, 2015 ---
    those black things on the triangles are cycle tube....cut in traingle to remove rattles in case..any..fitted these speakers on the doors using nut & bolt .....sorry was too excited & tired to click photos ...jsut wanted the damn doors to close...and yes the tweeters were very easy to fit in;....used the tweeter without ny of the stands/spacer/plastic frames which were in the jbl's retail pack...fit them into the door by just pushing in...three brackets to take the tweeter easily...two completely hold and one remains slightly outward..but thats okay coz its perfect fit...no rattles...

after closing the doors...fired up the OEM HU & it was fantastic till a vol level of 22 !!! i never go beyond 15..so great ...clear sound ....trust me if u r on a budget use these....will improve the sound very much...hope it helps
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    varoon9999 and Ganges like this.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good effort!!
    Regards
    Johnny
  3. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    @ Johnny. . . . thanks johnny :)
  4. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    I was also going to do the same,thanks for sharing this :)
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    great work with the DIY. nice touch especially with the cycle tube..
  6. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    Anoop, so did u try dat diy...?
  7. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks harry...
    harryaviator likes this.